Re: [RTB Discussion Group] Re: Mark admits You will Go to Hell unless you are a YEC

  • krinks@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2003
      I will answer you with the writings of the ECFs that show you to be hopelessly ingorant on the issue.....

      181 AD Theophilus of Antioch "On the fourth day the luminaries came into existence. Since God has foreknowledge, he understood the nonsense of the foolish philosophers who were going to say that the things produced on earth come from the stars, so that they might set God aside. In order therefore that the truth might be demonstrated, plants and seeds came into existence before the stars. For what comes into existence later cannot cause what is prior to it" (To Autolycus 2:15).

      *** Notice that it is the foolish philosopher that preaches a Big-Bang type creation.

      181 AD Theophilus of Antioch "All the years from the creation of the world [to Theophilus's day] amount to a total of 5,698 years and the odd months and days. . . . [I]f even a chronological error has been committed by us, for example, of 50 or 100 or even 200 years, yet [there have] not [been] the thousands and tens of thousands, as Plato and Apollonius and other mendacious authors have hitherto written. And perhaps our knowledge of the whole number of the years is not quite accurate, because the odd months and days are not set down in the sacred books" (To Autolycus, 3:28-29).

      *** Notice that if there is a mistake in the dating, it is by only a matter of a small number,certainly NOT millions or billions of years. Yet this is one of the men who Ross says believed in the same long ages as himself. He and you are both fools I am sorry to say.

      370 AD Basil The Great "`And there was evening and morning, one day.' Why did he say `one' and not `first'? . . . He said `one' because he was defining the measure of day and night . . . since twenty-four hours fill up the interval of one day".

      *** Speaks for itself.

      AD Augustine "They [pagans] are deceived, too, by those highly mendacious documents which profess to give the history of [man as] many thousands of years, though reckoning by the sacred writings we find that not 6,000 years have yet passed" (The Literal Interpretation of Genesis, 12:10).

      *** Notice it is the deceived pagan who thinks more than a few thousand years have passed since creation and yet this is another of Ross' people he says believed in the samelong ages as he does. He and you are both fools.

      Mark

      From: scienceandgod2003 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: 2003/05/31 Sat PM 01:09:36 CDT
      To: RTB_Discussion_Group@yahoogroups.com