Re: [RTB Discussion Group] Death by Sin...

  • Danny Faulkner
    Message 1 of 30 , Jan 1, 2003
      Kurt wrote (in part):

      Fuzz then waxes eloquent with a eulogy:

      "I have personally known Hugh for several years and have
      worked directly and closely with him for the last three years....

      Is Hugh Ross dead?

      Danny

      Danny R. Faulkner
      a stellar astronomer
      drfaulkn@...
    • Kurt Streutker <kurt_streutker@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 30 , Jan 1, 2003
        No, I was refering to the Greek Word's root meaning - "to speak well
        of or praise."

        --- In RTB_Discussion_Group@yahoogroups.com, "Danny Faulkner"

      • vr_junkie2 <vr_junkie2@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 30 , Jan 2, 2003
          --- In RTB_Discussion_Group@yahoogroups.com, "Kurt Streutker
          <kurt_streutker@y...>" <kurt_streutker@y...> wrote:
          <<<
          No, I was refering to the Greek Word's root meaning - "to speak well
          of or praise."

          Do you think this makes you look sophisticated and intelligent? By
          using Latin, Greek, unusual words and obscure meanings of words...
          Grow up - you have enough trouble with ordinary English!

          -VR
        • Kurt Streutker <kurt_streutker@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 30 , Jan 2, 2003
            VR: "Do you think this makes you look sophisticated and intelligent? By
            using Latin, Greek, unusual words and obscure meanings of words...
            Grow up - you have enough trouble with ordinary English!"

            No, I figured that his group of educated, sophisticated and intelligent
            people would know key Latin and some Biblical Greek;)

            VR: "Grow up - you have enough trouble with ordinary English!"

            I will try to and I will work on my syntax, spelling and grammar!

            --- In RTB_Discussion_Group@yahoogroups.com, "vr_junkie2

            Message 5 of 30 , Jan 7, 2003
              Fuz, did you ask Hugh about this question?

              --- In RTB_Discussion_Group@yahoogroups.com, "Kurt Streutker
              <kurt_streutker@y...>" <kurt_streutker@y...> wrote:
              > Fuz,
              >
              > Since you are able to talk to Hugh Ross personally, would you
              clarify
              > a question that I have had for sometime.
              >
              > Since my early days of studing Creation Science in California,
              > I was told by a person ( a local Pastor ) who attended one of
              Hugh's
              > Bible studies probably 20 or so years ago back in So. Cal.
              > He claims that Hugh was holding to the Gap Theory or some form of
              > Ruin-reconstruction theory back then. I asked him if he was sure
              and
              > he was positive Hugh held to the Gap Theory.
              >
              > Could you see if that is true. Did Hugh Ross ever hold to and/or
              > teach the Gap Theory?
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Kurt
            • Fuzale Rana
              Message 6 of 30 , Jan 7, 2003
                Kurt,

                I asked Hugh this question today. He told me he has never held to the
                Gap Theory. He told me he has been teaching against this idea since the
                early 70's. My personal experience is that occasionally people confuse
                the Day-Age view with the Gap Theory. This is not unreasonable since
                both views maintain a long period of time between Genesis 1:1 and
                Genesis 1:3. Also, both views are old earth/universe view. If I am not
                mistaken, both views attribute the fossil record to animals that existed
                in the earth's distance past.

                Fuz

                Fuz, did you ask Hugh about this question?

                --- In RTB_Discussion_Group@yahoogroups.com, "Kurt Streutker
                <kurt_streutker@y...>" <kurt_streutker@y...> wrote:
                > Fuz,
                >
                > Since you are able to talk to Hugh Ross personally, would you
                clarify
                > a question that I have had for sometime.
                >
                > Since my early days of studing Creation Science in California,
                > I was told by a person ( a local Pastor ) who attended one of
                Hugh's
                > Bible studies probably 20 or so years ago back in So. Cal.
                > He claims that Hugh was holding to the Gap Theory or some form of
                > Ruin-reconstruction theory back then. I asked him if he was sure
                and
                > he was positive Hugh held to the Gap Theory.
                >
                > Could you see if that is true. Did Hugh Ross ever hold to and/or
                > teach the Gap Theory?
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Kurt

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=241773.2725424.4169802.1925585/D=egroupweb/S=1707
                281911:HM/A=1394046/R=0/*http:%0d%0a/www.hgtv.com/hgtv/pac_ctnt/text/0,,
                HGTV_3936_5802,FF.html> HGTV Dream Home Giveaway
                < /td>

                <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=241773.2725424.4169802.1925585/D=egrou
                pmail/S=:HM/A=1394046/rand=857465458>

                Question the Assumptions of Naturalism which are foundational
                to OEC at http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/qa.asp