Re: [RTB Discussion Group] YEs don't know good scholarship if it hit them on th head......

  • kurt_streutker
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2002
      Kyle Witten wrote in response to Jerikane's typically fact-free anti-
      AiG rant:

      "While I agree with your assessment of AIG, ... "

      Oh, that means a lot coming from someone influenced, by his own
      admission, by the Christadelphian heretic Alan Hayward. As well as
      turning a blind eye to Jerikane's inflammatory rhetoric which is
      STILL yet to provide any criticism of substance except to give his
      own subjective opinions.
      Kyle: "I would also like to make a point in their favor. AIG and ICR,
      more so than any other YEC organization, has shown a willingness to
      publish pieces that refute claims that they had once made if and when
      new information came to light."

      At least Kyle, unlike VR, Nutty and Jerikane, is willing to see
      something good about AiG. Just a pity that he doesn't seem quite so
      willing to demand that Ross and Hayward retract their many errors, as
      have been amply documented on this site.

      Kyle: "Furthermore, of the YECers present on this list, Danny
      Faulkner has been the most prominant voice of reason."

      And Danny has spoken at two major AiG conferences, is a regular
      contributor to their TJ, and was interviewed in Creation magazine
      <http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs/287.asp>.

      --- In RTB_Discussion_Group@y..., "Kyle Witten" <Kyle_Witten@b...>
      wrote:
      > Jeri,
      >
      > While I agree with your assessment of AIG, I would also like to
      make a point in their favor. AIG and ICR, more so than any other YEC
      organization, has shown a willingness to publish pieces that refute
      claims that they had once made if and when new information came to
      light. Furthermore, of the YECers present on this list, Danny
      Faulkner has been the most prominant voice of reason.

      > Now that being said, since you are fairly new to the list, I want
      to make the following statement about myself. I am an OEC who is in
      complete agreement with the RTB statement of faith. That is not to
      say that I have not had points of disagreement with Hugh Ross or
      other OECers, but, when dealing with OEC leadership [not only with
      RTB, but other leaders in the field of OEC] those areas have been
      fairly minor for the most part.

      > Kyle

      Christianity
      > in scholarly and adult-like discussion. The way AIG acts is
      > embarassing, plain and simple. That's my main problem with YECs,
      not
      > that I disagree with their theories, but the way they go about it.
      > And I know a couple YECs emabarassed by it too.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > Click here to visit our exclusive feature of ACUVUE2 Colours at
      LensExpress.com!
      > Click here to find your contact lenses!

      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=225674.2075965.3644786.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=17
      07281911:HM/A=1153156/R=0/*http://www.lensexpress.com/tracker/trackcli
      ck.aspx?Page=ACUVUE%202%20Colors&AffUrl=273&AffCode=14>

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .