Fwd: [website feedback] Support from RSSC

  • Jimmie
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2010
      Hi All,

      This is a message received through the website from Robert Beauregard who is interested in inviting us to participate in Earth Day events and STEM Events.  These events would be similar to the Robot Expo where participants would be able to display their robotics projects and promote Robotics to the community.

      I replied to him and invited him to our meetings to offer a personal invite and I am just forwarding this email to the list to see if there is interest.

      Jimmie

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: "Beauregard, Robert M CIV NSWC Corona, QA11" <robert.m.beauregard@...>
      Date: December 1, 2010 7:45:04 AM PST
      To: "Jimmie" <jsypolt@...>
      Subject: RE: [website feedback] Support from RSSC

      Jimmy,
      I sent a message through the website but will describe what it entailed.  I am an electrical engineer at the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) in Norco (off Interstate 15 between the 60 and 91 freeways).  We are a Navy base that has over 900 government engineers, scientists, mathematicians, administrative professionals, and contractors who support the government.  I heard about your society and also attended the Riverside Expo November 6th.

      I would really appreciate if your group could attend a future event at our facility.  I have a verbal agreement with Thomas Messerschmidt from the Riverside Robotics Society.  The Riverside Expo was fantastic and something of the same would be greatly appreciated by our employees.  My original thoughts were to invite your society to an Earth Day event we hold usually during the third week of April each year.  I am not sure if robots relate to Earth Day but the technology could be used to improve our environment.

      We also are actively involved with community outreach efforts.  In the February or March timeframe we will be holding a Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) type of event for the Girl Scouts geared towards inspiring young women to become interested in these areas.  This event would be on a Saturday.  I believe the goals we have of exposing and getting young kids interested in technology and engineering is very similar to the goals of your society in promoting robotics.

      Please let me know if it is at least tentatively possible to have your society attend an event in the future.  I am not sure whether an Earth Day event during the week for employees or a Girl Scout event on a Saturday will give us the biggest audience.  I neither case I would expect several hundred people.  Maybe both events could be attended since they are two different audiences.

      I assume it is a big effort for those with robots to set up their area before an event.  We do have plenty of space available and could work together to work out all of the logistics required.

      Thanks so much for your consideration,

      Bob Beauregard
      NSWC, Corona Division
      951-273-4027