RSS disappearing with PHP

  • km368697
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 8, 2005
      Hi,
      I have developed a PHP form that when filled out generates a RSS
      feed.

      The form creates a PHP page that is the RSS feed. It is then saved
      as an XML file and uploaded to the site.

      The problem I'm having is that sometime (seemingly randomly), the
      </link> tags get deleted from the feed.

      Of course, I cannot reproduce the error and I have no idea what could
      be causing this.

      Here is what happens... It even breaks before any user text is added!
      So I don't think it could be anything like special characters or user
      input that is breaking it!

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?><rss version="2.0">

      <channel>
      <title>feed title</title>
      <link>http://www.website.com
      <description>Description.</description>

      Any help or ideas you could offer would be greatly appreciated!

      Thanks,
      Katie
    • Klaus Johannes Rusch
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 8, 2005
        km368697 wrote:

        >I have developed a PHP form that when filled out generates a RSS
        >feed.
        >The problem I'm having is that sometime (seemingly randomly), the
        ></link> tags get deleted from the feed.

        This looks more like a problem with your PHP script so you will get
        better feedback from the PHP developer community, from an RSS
        perspective a feed with a link element that is not closed is not
        well-formed XML and therefore not processed.

        --
        Klaus Johannes Rusch
        KlausRusch@...