Guidance on Best Practice

  • akjohnston
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2005
      I'm about to start a new Blog with an RSS feed, and I'd appreciate
      some guidance. If I update an article, should I update the original
      <item> with a new <pubDate>, create a new <item> and leave the old
      one alone, or do both?

      Thanks
      Andrew Johnston
    • Jim Gray
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 27, 2005
        My recommendation would be to update the <pubDate> and post a comment
        to your own blog indicating that the article was updated. This would
        keep someone from finding the old article and getting obsolete
        information. Another option would be to add a new item, then edit the
        old article providing readers/visitors with the updated link.

        Jim Gray
        Quikonnex.com - Communications without Email
        http://jim.quikonnex.com