Re: [RSS-DEV] Embeding HTML into RSS???

  • Bill Kearney
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2005
      scorpiusb2000 wrote:
      > I'm new and would like to know if anyone can help me out with a RSS
      > problem. I'm trying to embed the following HTML code into my RSS
      > feed. I can do this by adding it to an article I plan to post on my
      > Blog.
      >
      > <script language=JavaScript src=http://www.story.com/abm.asp?
      > z=1></script>

      You can't embed scripts into RSS feeds. Most, if not all, readers
      won't use it. For many reasons the most important being security. The
      main reason most users don't want it is there's next to nothing about
      the user reading experience that will EVER be helped by letting a site
      embed scripting into their RSS feeds. Do whatever you like on the HTML
      pages but RSS won't allow it.

      -Bill Kearney
      Syndic8.com