Re: [RSS2-Support] Re: Summary of issue with xmlns attribute

  • Dave Winer
    Message 1 of 34 , Sep 29, 2002
      Sam, the simple direct and respectful answer is that, imho, it didn't work before.

      Dave

      Message 34 of 34 , Sep 29, 2002
        I don't think Sam is suggesting backing off current version numbers.
        I think he is suggesting two different version numbers for the
        newest Userland format. Use RSS 0.94 for the non-namespace format
        and RSS 2.0 for the version with the namespace option.

        Sincerely,
        Bruce Loebrich

        --- In RSS2-Support@y..., "Dave Winer" <dave@u...> wrote:
        > I thought of that of course, but it doesn't work -- because of the
        existence of 1.0.

        > One possible back-off is for the RDF folk to change the name of
        their spec to something other than RSS 1.0. I don't see that
        happening anytime soon, it's been debated ad nauseum, I can't devote
        any more cycles to that option.