Re: [RSS2-Support] Re: Summary of issue with xmlns attribute

  • Sam Ruby
    Message 1 of 34 , Sep 29, 2002
      Dave Winer wrote:

      > I thought of that of course, but it doesn't work -- because of the
      > existence of 1.0.

      Just checking my history... RSS 0.92 came out after 1.0, right? And I'm
      not exactly sure when 0.93 came about, but there are 0.93 feeds out
      there and I can only presume that was after 0.92.

      At the begininning of this cycle, this spec (minus namespaces) was
      called 0.94.

      How come did it work before but doesn't work now?

      - Sam Ruby
    • bloebrich
      Message 34 of 34 , Sep 29, 2002
        I don't think Sam is suggesting backing off current version numbers.
        I think he is suggesting two different version numbers for the
        newest Userland format. Use RSS 0.94 for the non-namespace format
        and RSS 2.0 for the version with the namespace option.

        Sincerely,
        Bruce Loebrich

        --- In RSS2-Support@y..., "Dave Winer" <dave@u...> wrote:
        > I thought of that of course, but it doesn't work -- because of the
        existence of 1.0.

        > One possible back-off is for the RDF folk to change the name of
        their spec to something other than RSS 1.0. I don't see that
        happening anytime soon, it's been debated ad nauseum, I can't devote
        any more cycles to that option.