Ambiguities in the spec

  • Danny Ayers
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2003
      fyi:

      Issues I've encountered trying to interpret RSS 2.0 -
      What is the significance of the order of the elements?
      What is the relationship between a child element from a different namespace
      to its parent element in an RSS 2.0 feed?
      How should attributes of RSS 2.0 elements from other namespaces be
      interpreted?
      To what address are relative paths within the feed anchored?

      I know you already have these two biggies -
      How should a client handle HTML within elements? (not only title,
      description too)
      Should link elements be permalinks or should they point to an external page?

      Coupla more general questions:
      Is there a notion of a valid RSS 2.0 feed, if so what is it?
      What does the "description" describe?

      Cheers,
      Danny.

      ----