Re: [RSS2-Support] Digest Number 101

  • JY Stervinou
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2003
      Petite Abeille,

      Please stop putting oil on fire. (poor translation from "mettre de
      l'huile sur le feu", if someone has a better translation ? :-) )

      You can say you don't agree without saying things like :

      "Dear Mr Butthead,
      Your proposal is so stupid.
      Cheers"

      At least try to show that you're kidding, at the moment it's not
      completely obvious..

      Thank's,

      JY.
    • petite_lapin_blue
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2003
        Dear Mr Stervinou,

        --- In RSS2-Support@yahoogroups.com, JY Stervinou <jy@s...> wrote:
        > Please stop putting oil on fire. (poor translation from "mettre de
        > l'huile sur le feu", if someone has a better translation ? :-) )

        Fueling the flames?

        > You can say you don't agree without saying things like :
        >
        > "Dear Mr Butthead,
        > Your proposal is so stupid.
        > Cheers"

        I don't know any Mr Butthead, sorry. You must be mistaken.

        > At least try to show that you're kidding, at the moment it's not
        > completely obvious..

        Ambiguities and double meanings are some of the few pleasures left in
        a language.
        But they leave the burden of interpretation on the reader.

        Your call.

        Cheers,

        PA.
      • jystervinou
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2003
          --- In RSS2-Support@yahoogroups.com, "petite_lapin_blue"
          <petite_abeille@h...>
          wrote:

          > Ambiguities and double meanings are some of the few pleasures left
          in
          > a language.
          > But they leave the burden of interpretation on the reader.

          Sure, one's just have to realize it's not the best way to achieve
          good communication
          and get empathy from other people.

          JY.