Putting everything into issues?

  • wearing_my_orange_hat
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2003
      In my weblog-creation tool, rubyjournal, I have been putting
      just the short 'description' into the description tag, and
      putting the rest into the weblog page, but not int o the
      RSS feed.

      However, I have noticed that some people (anyone who
      has an opinion I have seen, i.e. everyone) recommend
      that ALL the information be put within the description tag
      using a CDATA strategy, so that links and other html can
      be included into the description, and not mess up the
      lives of news aggregators trying to aggregate the content.

      What I'm wondering (not actually being Crumpet the dog,
      bless her heart and may she rest in peace) is if there are
      any tutorial examples around that would explain exactly
      how to do this?

      To resummarize (as best as I can) concisely:
      How can I include links and other markup inside
      the description element using CDATA? And is this
      a good idea.

      cheers!

      George D. Girton