RSS for Blog with images, audio, video, location, etc...

  • kcchesnut
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22 12:12 PM
      i'm giong to start blogging,
      and am developing my own tools to support that.
      ultimately it will have:
      text, images, audio, video, location, etc...

      right now i'm concentrating on what the RSS feed should look like.
      for <items> i see that most everybody only uses:
      <title> <link> <description> <pubDate>
      so i would link the images, audio, video, etc in the <description>
      since most tools only look at those as well.

      i see other image, audio and video blogs,
      but typically they dont have an RSS to go along.
      my thought is that i should use the <enclosure> tag?
      or is there some other schema i should adopt?

      for location i was going to use a w3c spec.
      i know there is one that does lat/long/alt,
      but i dont recall it offhand ...
      <geo:Point> or something like that?

      i'm a newbie RSS and blogging,
      so any comments would be appreciated.