RSS 2.0 IETF Comments
- Save for the below, I'm happy with it:
* As mentioned previously, 4.2.3 and 4.2.4 (managingEditor
and webMaster) should expand on what formats of email
are allowed, such as:
morbus@... (Morbus Iff)
Morbus Iff <morbus@...>
"Morbus Iff" <morbus@...>
* Perhaps expand this to offer a second explanation of 4.2.5:
"For example, the New York Times publishes on a daily basis,
the publication date flips once every 24 hours. That's when
the pubDate of the channel changes."
Append an explanation on how this would apply to a
blogger, which updates whenever the hell they feel like it.
* In 4.2.8: "The generator element, if present, MUST contain a
string, indicating the program used to generate the document.".
Perhaps append: "This string SHOULD be in the common User-Agent
format, like Radio Userland/8.0.6.". This is the most likely
of my suggestions to reject ;) ...
* In 4.2.12, you say "(this element as the same semantic as the
HTML alt attribute).", when you mean "HAS the". Likewise, in the
next line, it's "location" not whatever you sleepily typed ;)
* In 4.2.15, skipHours is confusing. After reading this over again, I
now know what you mean, but it was confusing to me on the first
run through. The biggest stumbling was "MUST contain one to 24
hour elements." which after seeing the subheading made me think of
a 24 hour day, NOT 24 possible entries for <hour>.
* In 220.127.116.11, no comma in "MUST contain a string, to".
* In 18.104.22.168, it's "address", not "addres". Likewise, there
needs to be a clarification on what form the email address
can be presented in (as per above).
* In 22.214.171.124, no comma in "MUST be a URL, indicating".
* In 126.96.36.199, what's a "media type"? Is that a MIME-type?
* In 188.8.131.52, it's "an", not "a isPermaLink".
* In 184.108.40.206, clarify "It SHOULD be derived from
the channel's title." as "It SHOULD be derived from
the source channel's title.".
I think in the original RSS specs from Winer, it mentions that links
MUST start with http:// - I don't see that anywhere in this spec (unless of
course we're assuming "webpage" adequately covers that, which it doesn't,
since https:// is in err).
Morbus Iff ( i'm the droid you're looking for )
Culture: http://www.disobey.com/ and http://www.gamegrene.com/
Buy My Book! http://amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596004605/disobeycom
icq: 2927491 / aim: akaMorbus / yahoo: morbus_iff / jabber.org: morbus