adding If-Modified-Since support to PHP

  • dheian <ianevans@digitalhit.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 27, 2002
      I'm testing adding the Last Modified header to the script that generates my RSS feeds. If I do it on a file with phpinfo(), the Last-Modified header shows up. When I hit reload to see if the If-Modified-Since variable is present I never get it.

      Any idea what I need to do to have my PHP issue the $HTTP_IF_MODIFIED_SINCE variable?
    • Phil Ringnalda
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 27, 2002
        ianevans@... wrote:
        > Any idea what I need to do to have my PHP issue the
        > $HTTP_IF_MODIFIED_SINCE variable?

        If your server has PHP set up with register_globals off (which it should,
        since it's much safer), then you just need to get it from
        $_SERVER['HTTP_IF_MODIFIED_SINCE'] rather than $HTTP_IF_MODIFIED_SINCE.

        Phil Ringnalda
      • dheian <ianevans@digitalhit.com>
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 27, 2002
          --- In RSS2-Support@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Ringnalda" <phil@p...> wrote:
          > $_SERVER['HTTP_IF_MODIFIED_SINCE'] rather than $HTTP_IF_MODIFIED_SINCE.

          Alas, neither is present.