Summary of issue with xmlns attribute

  • Dave Winer
    Message 1 of 34 , Sep 28, 2002
      "Yesterday we tripped over what may be a very serious issue in XML. As with
      many things related to XML, it's highly politicized, so I'll try to cut
      through that and stick with what we know and hope that people will add data
      they have where I got things wrong."

      http://scriptingnews.userland.com/stories/storyReader$1766

      Note that this appears to relate not only to RSS 2.0, but to all XML-based
      formats that use namespaces.

      Dave
    • bloebrich
      Message 34 of 34 , Sep 29, 2002
        I don't think Sam is suggesting backing off current version numbers.
        I think he is suggesting two different version numbers for the
        newest Userland format. Use RSS 0.94 for the non-namespace format
        and RSS 2.0 for the version with the namespace option.

        Sincerely,
        Bruce Loebrich

        --- In RSS2-Support@y..., "Dave Winer" <dave@u...> wrote:
        > I thought of that of course, but it doesn't work -- because of the
        existence of 1.0.

        > One possible back-off is for the RDF folk to change the name of
        their spec to something other than RSS 1.0. I don't see that
        happening anytime soon, it's been debated ad nauseum, I can't devote
        any more cycles to that option.