Extending item with backlink to parent item

  • robschluter
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2002
      My suggestion is to extend the <source> of an <item> so that it
      points to the exact item inside the source feed. Then a viewer can
      download the feed, find the parent item and display the item in a
      broader context, like tree of items.

      I think the best way to do it would be in a permalink, then it could
      also integrate with the Pingback/TrackBack techniques to signal an
      item on a weblog that someone else has linked to it.

      I don't know the best way to add the needed information, I don't have
      that much experience writing specs, perhaps the source element of the
      Dublin Core could be used here?

      rob schluter