Re: [RP-Rizal] Could not attach!

  • Dean Bocobo
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 13, 2003
      Dear Dr. Robet L. Yoder,

      The RP-Rizal Yahoo Group "Group Settings" at the Yahoo Groups Web Site
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RP-Rizal/
      is set for EMAIL ATTACHMENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED.

      So whenever anyone tries to attach a file to the post, Yahoo automatically strips it before forwarding it to the list serve members.

      Only whoever owns this RP-RIZAL yahoo group can change it. But I don't actually recommend that you do unless everyone is VIRUS-AWARE. It makes it easier to send stuff around if attachments are allowed, but it tends to eat up bandwidth. It's better to send each other LINKS to websites for the original sources.

      I did receive your copy of Hessel, which is a classic on the retraction issue. But I assume this group has previously flogged the topic to death, no?

      Lately I have been exchanging letters with the Opus Dei on a related matter (anthropocentrism) If there is some appetite for the retraction topic, I would republish Hessel and hope to see some discussion of it here at RP-Rizal or at:

      www.deanjorgebocobo.blogspot.com/joserizal

      I guess I don't agree with Hessel that it doesn't matter what Rizal's state of religion at death was--Catholic, Protestant, Mason. I agree his humanity and greatness has nothing essential to do with nationality or religion. But not for theological reasons, yet for political ones, I think it is important to set the historical record straight. The Catholic Church has succeeded in coopting Rizal, keeping him quiet so to speak. The fact that he was an excommunicated Mason is an outrageous fact--never mentioned in polite society anymore. That is the powerful tyranny of "not the whole truth" that is part of our ongoing opprobrium. It is a nasty fact that no one wants to face and was hidden away, with his Letters, which Hessel correctly identifies as the authoritative source of his religious thought. I do agree with Hessel about 90% of the way.

      Gumagalang at Nagmamahal,
      Dean Jorge Bocobo
      Manila

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 13, 2003
        Dr. Yoder,

        YahooGroups does not allow for the attachment of files. Does not even allow
        files to be forwarded.

        Cesar