Re: [RP-Rizal] Article About the Modern-day Versions of Rizal

  • mediabcla@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2004
      In a message dated 10/26/04 10:00:20 PM Pacific Standard Time,
      antitantit@... writes:

      > Hi I'm Antit, student from UST. I have a make up project which i need to
      > pass asap. the project is to get three articles review and two book review
      > about rizal... anyone can help me? Thanks so much... just send me a message if
      > you are interested thanks again..

      Dear Student:

      You may like to read my article about Jose Rizal Mercado by making a Click
      here: PinoyOnBoard.com - Revisiting Rizal and Reinventing the EDSA Revolution or
      copy and paste to your browser
      http://www.pinoyonboard.com/2003/1213_reinvent.html

      Happy reading,

      Mabuhay,

      Bobby M. Reyes
    • cdvictory21
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2004
        I actually enjoyed the article...but I think it takes a lot of
        liberties. The author gives his ideas for a better Philippines (and
        some I think are very good) and puts Rizal's stamp of approval on it
        (Rizal would do this). That is a bit sneaky.

        I'd love to discuss some of the specifics in the article with anyone,
        over a glass of wine or lambanog...but I'm not sure anyone here would
        be interested. If anyone is, let me know.

        CDV

        "Before the Filipinos and the Overseas Filipinos can proceed with the
        reforms, they probably have to acknowledge the universal idea that
        Rizal tried to implement. The Filipinos must understand that they are
        children of the universe and that they must take advantage of their
        right heritage." - Bobby Reyes, Revisiting Rizal and Re-inventing EDSA

        'If Rizal were alive, he would have chosen to reinvent the EDSA into a
        better and more constructive acronym. Perhaps Rizal would have said
        that the EDSA should mean Economic Development and Social Advancement.
        And instead of calling it a revolution, Rizal would probably call it
        an "evolution." Yes, Rizal would have dropped the "R" for the right
        reason. Because there is no "R" in the word "peace." ' - Bobby Reyes,