Re: [ROUNDLOOMS] Hat

  • ~Cathy Turner
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 23, 2011
      Yeah, that is great!  I like looser hats because they don't do as much of a number on my hair.

      ~Cathy Turner

      --- On Mon, 10/24/11, Terry Taylor <terryt2@...> wrote:

      Delia,
      Very nice!  I like the way it spirals!!
      Terry T

      I have been using looms for several years, but I put them down for a while.  I recently picked them up again and started experimenting with stitch combinations.  I made this hat and was quite pleased with the finished product.   The only problem is I miscalculated the number of pegs needed and it is to big for me to wear.  I am now working on a smaller one.  Here is a link for the pics:

      I used Lion Brand's Baby's First yarn which is an acrylic/cotton blend.  I used DA Looms small gauge wonderloom (I think that is the name).

      Delia

    • nancy
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 24, 2011

        Really nice hats here.. I never made any that fancy .. but guess I should get mine out again and try.. I like the design.. have a nice day.. Nancy from Indiana
        I have been using looms for several years, but I put them down for a while.  I recently picked them up again and started experimenting with stitch combinations.  I made this hat and was quite pleased with the finished product.   The only problem is I miscalculated the number of pegs needed and it is to big for me to wear.  I am now working on a smaller one.  Here is a link for the pics:

        I used Lion Brand's Baby's First yarn which is an acrylic/cotton blend.  I used DA Looms small gauge wonderloom (I think that is the name).

        Delia

      • Barbara Rucker
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 24, 2011
          Beautiful Hat!
        • Becky Martin
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 24, 2011
            Super cute, D! I'm trying to learn some creative hats, too. Did you create re design yourself?

          • marilynnfranklin@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 24, 2011

              Love the hat.
              Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

              Really nice hats here.. I never made any that fancy .. but guess I should get mine out again and try.. I like the design.. have a nice day.. Nancy from Indiana
              I have been using looms for several years, but I put them down for a while.  I recently picked them up again and started experimenting with stitch combinations.  I made this hat and was quite pleased with the finished product.   The only problem is I miscalculated the number of pegs needed and it is to big for me to wear.  I am now working on a smaller one.  Here is a link for the pics:

              I used Lion Brand's Baby's First yarn which is an acrylic/cotton blend.  I used DA Looms small gauge wonderloom (I think that is the name).

              Delia

            • deliarana
              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 24, 2011

                Thanks for all of the compliments on the hat.   I did create the pattern and I still have a few things to figure out. I also need to test it on other looms.  That was the first one I made and the spiral design was a nice surprise.  I have also made a flat panel swatch using the stitch and it has a slightly different look but would still make a pretty scarf.  That will be the next project once I finish the smaller hat I am working on now.

                Delia

                --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "deliarana" <deliarana@...> wrote:

                > I have been using looms for several years, but I put them down for a
                > while. I recently picked them up again and started experimenting with
                > stitch combinations. I made this hat and was quite pleased with the
                > finished product. The only problem is I miscalculated the number of
                > pegs needed and it is to big for me to wear. I am now working on a
                > smaller one. Here is a link for the pics:

                > st>
                >
                > I used Lion Brand's Baby's First yarn which is an acrylic/cotton blend.
                > I used DA Looms small gauge wonderloom (I think that is the name).
                >

                > Delia

              • ds
                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 24, 2011
                  I would love this pattern. Please share.
                  Dori in MO

                  --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, Barbara Rucker <sunnysc243@...> wrote:

                  > Beautiful Hat!

                • Mizz
                  Message 8 of 19 , Nov 13, 2011
                    Love the hat!
                    --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "deliarana" <deliarana@...> wrote:

                    > I have been using looms for several years, but I put them down for a
                    > while. I recently picked them up again and started experimenting with
                    > stitch combinations. I made this hat and was quite pleased with the
                    > finished product. The only problem is I miscalculated the number of
                    > pegs needed and it is to big for me to wear. I am now working on a
                    > smaller one. Here is a link for the pics:

                    > st>
                    >
                    > I used Lion Brand's Baby's First yarn which is an acrylic/cotton blend.
                    > I used DA Looms small gauge wonderloom (I think that is the name).
                    >

                    > Delia

                  • lady45band
                    Message 9 of 19 , May 20, 2012
                      Sorry to be a nuance but I having trouble to do a hat
                      on the big loom which is pink. The hat I am doing is
                      from the beginner's guide tO KNITTING LOOM Isela Phelps Book.
                      Page 38 I have done the brim & the hat body. But when I
                      came to the crown I couldn't do it, because I don't
                      understand what to do. I did move the 3rd st to the
                      next one, but is it the 3rd st from the one with 2 sts on.
                      I didn't get 12 empty pegs I got 13. Help

                      Merle