Making the first row tight on a long loom?

  • mandyquinn3
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2011
      Hello. I love making things from my long knifty knitter looms. One thing I have noticed when I use a non-fuzzy style yarn is that my first row is always loose, where the rest of the scarf or blanket is JUST like I like it. How do I tighten that first row when casting on? Any advice would be great!

      Thanks!
      Mandy
    • Keetara Coleman
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2011
        Mandy,

        A great place for info on loom knitting is at this site: http://isela.typepad.com/loomknitting/

        She has written tutorials as well as some videos. She has a written tutorial on 6 different types of cast ons and one of them should help you get your cast on edge tighter. Here is the direct link:

        http://isela.typepad.com/Patterns/CastOnTutorial.pdf

        Kee

        On Oct 3, 2011, at 10:34 AM, mandyquinn3 wrote:

        > Hello. I love making things from my long knifty knitter looms. One thing I have noticed when I use a non-fuzzy style yarn is that my first row is always loose, where the rest of the scarf or blanket is JUST like I like it. How do I tighten that first row when casting on? Any advice would be great!
        >
        > Thanks!
        > Mandy
      • mandyquinn3
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 2011