Re: [ROUNDLOOMS] intro

  • Pamela Marks
    Message 1 of 15 , May 10, 2005
      OK. Mona, I think you already did your first project.  The boards.  How do you make them yourself?
      Pamela

      Mona <monasmemorables@...> wrote:
      Ok I'm Mona. Just started using a knit board I made myself. Making a
      couple different size of rake looms, now.
      I've been into crafting for many years, since I was a very youngen,
      learned to knit, crochet, tat, embroidery, and macrame from both my
      grandmothers from an early age, they started me out as soon as I could
      hold a needle or hook. ;]
      Since then they've both passed and I'm getting back into those things
      as well as many many other things over the last several years,
      including soap making, spinning and candle making.
      I'm a stay home mom of 2 alien boys ages 17/14. Married forever to
      Buzz and still going strong.
      Well I guess that's all.
      I'll post a picture of my first project when I get it done.
      Mona

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Yahoo! Mail Mobile

    • Mona
      Message 2 of 15 , May 11, 2005
        Hi Pamela,
        Yep, with some help from the hubby.
        I've put a picture of it in an album in the photo section.
        It's not pretty but it'll serve it's purpose, for smaller things.
        Let me know what ya'll think, now be honest.
        Now to figure out how to make some round ones. ;]

        Mona

        --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, Pamela Marks <tpmarks2002@y...>
        wrote:
        > OK. Mona, I think you already did your first project. The
        boards. How do you make them yourself?
        > Pamela
        >
        > Mona <monasmemorables@y...> wrote:
        > Ok I'm Mona. Just started using a knit board I made myself. Making
        > couple different size of rake looms, now.
        > I've been into crafting for many years, since I was a very
        youngen,
        > learned to knit, crochet, tat, embroidery, and macrame from both
        my
        > grandmothers from an early age, they started me out as soon as I
        could
        > hold a needle or hook. ;]
        > Since then they've both passed and I'm getting back into those
        things
        > as well as many many other things over the last several years,
        > including soap making, spinning and candle making.
        > I'm a stay home mom of 2 alien boys ages 17/14. Married forever to
        > Buzz and still going strong.
        > Well I guess that's all.
        > I'll post a picture of my first project when I get it done.
        > Mona
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        > Yahoo! Mail Mobile
      • Jane Tatum
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 19, 2006
          I am kinda new...still trying to figure out how this thing works! My round looms came from Hobby Lobby and are so far really frustrating me. I am from Tennessee, too, and would be interested in a group forming in Middle Tennessee. Seems to have certainly been a popular Christmas gift !
          Jane

        • Mary Jeanne
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 19, 2006
            Hi Jane,

            Here are some places to check out that might help you a lot in
            figuring out how to use these round looms,
            http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/how-to-loom-knit.html
            http://www.loomroom.com/knittingfreepatterns.html
            http://www.hummersley.7h.com/id24.htm
            http://www.provocraft.com/video/index.php#kniftyknitter
            Videos to view
            http://homepage.mac.com/garyfamily/FiberArts/Menu14.html
            http://imageevent.com/isela/roundloomstitches

            The last two have some videos.

            Then when you have checked these out if you still cannot get it, ask
            the group. There are lots of members who will be willing to try to
            help you. It really is easy once you know just how to do it. One
            of the simplest crafts I do and the least learning to get started.

            MaryJeanne

            --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "Jane Tatum" <janetatum@b...>
            wrote:

            > I am kinda new...still trying to figure out how this thing
            works! My round looms came from Hobby Lobby and are so far really
            frustrating me. I am from Tennessee, too, and would be interested
            in a group forming in Middle Tennessee. Seems to have certainly
            been a popular Christmas gift !
            > Jane
          • evo.rm
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 20, 2006
              Hi everyone!
              My name is Ellen and I'm a 43yr old homeschool mom from Ind.
              I've had my knifty knitters for a couple years(and they were set aside
              for one of those years:( )and only made simple hats. But I must say
              this group has inspired me! With a spool knitter I made some tiebacks
              for my curtains. Simple, but I'm pleased. Hopefully my next projects
              will be pillows, shawl, socks and felted purse. Who knows after that!
              My husband made me a rake loom about 5 years ago and I got it out, with
              a couple more pegs it will be a rake/oval loom.
              My mother was a needle natural. You name it, she could sew,
              embroidery, bead, knit AND crochet(its possible regardless what the
              experts say), etc. But alas, I was not as gifted with needles, though
              I've always admired those who were. Anyway, the looms have opened up a
              whole new world for me. My stitchs are uniform, pieces are even and
              the size the are suppose to be.
              Thanks for letting me join this group.
            • nancy dewitt
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 20, 2006
                Hi Ellen.. glad to have you here.. I have had mine for a while too but not done much yet either.. .but right now I do have a scarf started.. teaching my gr. nephew how to loom also and he loves it so far... he too is a home schooled little boy.. he is 12... also note that you are from Indiana.. was wondering how close to Indy you might be? I am in New Palestine which is about 6 miles East of Indy toward Greenfield... so just curious as to where you might be ... let me know okay? and welcome to this nice group... Nancy D.. from Indiana too....
[...]

                Knifty knitter

              • evo.rm
                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 20, 2006
                  Nice to meet you Nancy!

                  I live in the Lafayette area, takes me about 50 mins to get to Indy.
                  I also have a 12 year old at home, my 2 older sons have left the
                  nest, college and starting families of their own. Bet you have alot
                  of good craft stores near you. We have 3 + stores like walmart.
                  Same selection mostly.

                  Take care,

                  --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "nancy dewitt" <dewittnancy@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Hi Ellen.. glad to have you here.. I have had mine for a while too
                  but not done much yet either.. .but right now I do have a scarf
                  started.. teaching my gr. nephew how to loom also and he loves it so
                  far... he too is a home schooled little boy.. he is 12... also note
                  that you are from Indiana.. was wondering how close to Indy you might
                  be? I am in New Palestine which is about 6 miles East of Indy toward
                  Greenfield... so just curious as to where you might be ... let me
                  know okay? and welcome to this nice group... Nancy D.. from Indiana
                  too....

                • nancy dewitt
                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 22, 2006
                    Hi all you Indiana loomers.. I think after the weather gets a little nicer we can all meet somewhere for coffee and get to know each other..give it some thought okay?... Nancy.. from Indiana
                    THere are alot of Indiana folks here. Nice to meet you too!

                    --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, Bobbi C <bchus@...> wrote:

                    > Hi,
                    >
                    > I live in Indy!!!! Glad to see another Indiana loomer so close to
                    me!!!! LOL

                    > Bobbi C/Indiana
                    >

                    > Nice to meet you Nancy!
                    >
                    > I live in the Lafayette area, takes me about 50 mins to get to
                    Indy.
                    > I also have a 12 year old at home, my 2 older sons have left the
                    > nest, college and starting families of their own. Bet you have
                    alot
                    > of good craft stores near you. We have 3 + stores like walmart.
                    > Same selection mostly.
                    >
                    > Take care,
                    >

                    > --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "nancy dewitt" <dewittnancy@>
                    > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi Ellen.. glad to have you here.. I have had mine for a while
                    too
                    > but not done much yet either.. .but right now I do have a scarf
                    > started.. teaching my gr. nephew how to loom also and he loves it
                    so
                    > far... he too is a home schooled little boy.. he is 12... also note
                    > that you are from Indiana.. was wondering how close to Indy you
                    might
                    > be? I am in New Palestine which is about 6 miles East of Indy
                    toward
                    > Greenfield... so just curious as to where you might be ... let me
                    > know okay? and welcome to this nice group... Nancy D.. from Indiana
                    > too....

                    PUSH, FROG & ASAP
                    > Please Vote Daily---
                    > http://www.freeipodcontest.com/?angelsforhope.org

                  • Christina
                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 22, 2006
                      I think that would be wonderful~!
                      ~chris~

                      wrote:

                      > Hi all you Indiana loomers.. I think after the weather gets a
                      little nicer we can all meet somewhere for coffee and get to know
                      each other..give it some thought okay?... Nancy.. from Indiana

                    • Dixie
                      Message 10 of 15 , Mar 23, 2006
                        Nancy, I worked in downtown Indy for over 10 years and still have a
                        house (which I'm renting out) in Indy. I married a man
                        from "Bainbridge", which is west of Indy (between Greencastle and
                        Crawfordsville). I also work in Crawfordsville now....

                        I think getting together for coffee and knitting would be ABSOLUTELY
                        WONDERFUL! Count me in!

                        Dixie

                        wrote:

                        > Hi all you Indiana loomers.. I think after the weather gets a
                        little nicer we can all meet somewhere for coffee and get to know
                        each other..give it some thought okay?... Nancy.. from Indiana

                      • nancy dewitt
                        Message 11 of 15 , Mar 23, 2006
                          Hi Dixie.. sounds good to me too.. well after the weather gets a little nicer I am going to see how many would like to meet somewhere in Indy... so will go from there then.. thank you for letting me know where you are... bye now and have a great day.. Nancy D.. from Indiana

                          wrote:

                          > Hi all you Indiana loomers.. I think after the weather gets a
                          little nicer we can all meet somewhere for coffee and get to know
                          each other..give it some thought okay?... Nancy.. from Indiana

                        • ~*Heather*~
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jun 30, 2009
                            Hi Everyone,

                            thanks for having me in the group. I'm a newbie to knitting and getting
                            very frustrated.

                            I didn't do so well using the needles, so I bought a knifty knitter long
                            loom. Not doing so hot with that either.

                            Can someone point me in the right direction for help? I have been searching
                            google.

                            Heather
                            http://nightdreamer_371.bravejournal.com
                            craft blog
                          • rebeccannenglish
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jul 1, 2009
                              Hi Heather, welcome to the group. Sorry to hear your struggling, but don't worry, you'll catch on.

                              If you need more instructions then come with the loom, there are a ton of places you can go for more help! YouTube has a lot of videos on looming. A lot of people find the videos to be a huge help. You should also check out www.dalooms.com. Under the Instructions tab, you'll find lots of documents that might help. Isela also has a Videos tab, I haven't watched any of them, but Isela makes killer videos, so they'll prolly be a big help too! Isela also has a great book, The Loom Knitting Primer, which is often available in local craft stores, or on the dalooms site.

                              Hope this helps! Feel free to email me if you need more help...renglish84@...

                              --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "~*Heather*~" <luvcrafts371@...> wrote:

                              > Hi Everyone,
                              >
                              > thanks for having me in the group. I'm a newbie to knitting and getting
                              > very frustrated.
                              >
                              > I didn't do so well using the needles, so I bought a knifty knitter long
                              > loom. Not doing so hot with that either.
                              >
                              > Can someone point me in the right direction for help? I have been searching
                              > google.
                              >
                              > Heather
                              > http://nightdreamer_371.bravejournal.com
                              > craft blog

                            • ~*Heather*~
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jul 5, 2009
                                THANK YOU very much for all the info and the welcome

                                i am re starting my project tonight, we'll see how it goes

                                Heather