RE: [ROUNDLOOMS] question

  • Denise O DANIELS
    Message 1 of 74 , Jun 21, 2011
      i have a cheap knitting machine...it was free from n estate sale.
      i got it all fixed up and almost ready to go.need clamps...but the grandsons moved back in n then
      i had to put it up in storage again cause the one little grandson is too interested in it.hee hee.soon!

      > To: ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com
      > From: skjkaye@...
      > Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 07:47:55 -0400
      > Subject: Re: [ROUNDLOOMS] question
      >
      > Yeah. I had my mom n law sitting there telling me how much faster Mamaw was her crochet hook. I told her it's not about speed but technique. LOL
      >
      > Sent from Shannon's iPad
      >

      > On Jun 21, 2011, at 6:04 AM, ~Cathy Turner <turner.cathy@...> wrote:
      >
      > > If you have a lot to do fast, you should look into a cheap knitting machine. I got into a machine knitting class and knitted an entire shawl (about 3' x 7') in just over an hour. I was stunned at the speed. Of course, it's not something you can pop into your purse and take with you to the store. The loom is still much better there! :-D
      > >
      > > ~Cathy Turner
      > >
      > > --- On Wed, 6/15/11, skjkaye@... <skjkaye@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Last year I started knitting slippers for my hubs side of the family and some of my side. That's 15 pairs. I started in October and worked every evening and didn't get done in time
      > > Shannon' s U.S. Cellular BB

    • amoonsinger
      Message 74 of 74 , Jun 29, 2011
        I looked for patterns but couldn't find any that weren't really expensive. So I made them up as I went. The only things that had patterns, and I changed all but one, was the booties (changed), and the diaper cover. For Shrek and the mouse set.

        The dino set is one I saw a hat somewhere someone had made and loved it. My two grandson's are really into to dinosaurs and thought they would love their little brother having this. Now I am making hats and booties for them.

        MaryJeanne