tight hand knitted looking stitches??

  • Kelly
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2010
      Is there a way to get tight hand knitted looking stitches using the knifty knitter? Mine keep coming out with big gaps between each row of stitches. I have tried to e-stitch and knit stitch. I am looking for tighter stitches like this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/48188869/cherry-fruit-beanie-knitted-baby-hat-3t. Any suggestions or is this just something that can't be done?
    • 6kittykats@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 31, 2010
        This is hand knit. If you want the tight look of this hat, then you need to buy a fine gauge loom. the KK looms always leave gaps even when you use more than one strand. It is just because the pegs are so far apart.

        Loves, Lori M.

        Oak Harbor, WA

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 31, 2010
          Kelly,

          That hat looks like what I get when I do machine knitting.

          You can get something close to that if you use a stiff yarn and wrap tightly, but it's a very unyielding finished product - doesn't stretch out to put on the hat, etc.  I'm not sure you want a little kid's hat that tight.  It'd be excellent for the stem if there were a way to do that, though.  Maybe with the spool you could get a tightly-woven enough tube?

          ~Cathy Turner

          --- On Fri, 12/31/10, Kelly <kellymcarter@...> wrote:

          Is there a way to get tight hand knitted looking stitches using the knifty knitter?  Mine keep coming out with big gaps between each row of stitches.  I have tried to e-stitch and knit stitch.  I am looking for tighter stitches like this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/48188869/cherry-fruit-beanie-knitted-baby-hat-3t.%c2%a0 Any suggestions or is this just something that can't be done?