Special Olympics scarf 2011 - cross post

  • Caroleismamacat@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2010
      Dear Fellow Loom and other Knitters!

      For those of you have not participated before, this is a notification of the Special Olympics scarf knitting for the 2011 Winter Special Olympics! They use different colors each year and this year is blue and turquoise...you also give the scarf to a specific state and program this year. I have attached the website for any who are interested...in 2009 they received over 60,000 scarfs, knitted and crocheted for this wonderful event! The yarn is Red Heart, which is not expensive, and there are a few guidelines that seem easy to fulfil so that everyone who participates gets their own scarf! The deadline is January 24th for mailing them....I plan to get at least one in the mail myself in honor of my nephew who has Down's Syndrome.

      Here is the website.... http://www.scarvesforspecialolympics.org/

      Hope you can make time for this...I know I will!

      Carole
      FLA