Was New to the group with a TAT ?

  • hugpug@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 19, 2010
      What it "tat"?

      I think it's great that kids will do these things. It is so much better
      than all the video games they want to play most of the time.

      Carol D

      Too Cool!!! I have taught my kids (ages: 9, 8, & 6) to crochet, tat, as
      well as use KK. It cracks me up to see the look on some people's faces when
      they see my youngest 2, who are both boys, tat. They all 3 have ADHD and I
      had to have something to get them to sit that would fit in my purse. If they
      aren't doing something crafty with me they are building things with either
      my husband or my father out of wood. I love being able to give people
      something beautiful that one of us has made. My new goal is socks, so if anyone
      had any preferences I would love to hear them as well as why.
      Thanks in advance for advise.
      Tonia Vallejo

    • Tonia Vallejo
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 19, 2010
        I guess some people might recognize it as tatting. I do doilies, lace, etc. My kids gave each of their teachers a heart shaped doily for valentines day last year. We made a bunch of bookmarks for the teachers for teacher appreciation day. We are making snowflake ornaments for Christmas this year. It seems like about the time I decide to do something for myself someone asks me to make something else.
        They do have Nintendo DS's, but only learning games, like math and reading games. I learned that they do better in school if they "play" their DS's, someday I think they might figure out that there are more games out there, lol.
        Tonia

        To: ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 19, 2010
            It is mostly rings and chains joined together to either make a lace pattern or in a doily. We use tatting shuttles and very small crochet hooks to join the rings together.
            Tonia

            To: ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com