Re: [ROUNDLOOMS] How Do you make Baby Booties?

  • Christine Besack
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2005
      Hi,
      for a baby bootie pattern go to the provocraft website www.provocraft.com.
      click on "projects" at the very top of the page.
      then scroll down that page and click on Knifty knitter .
      you will see lots of pictures that will lead you to patterns.
      The baby booties are the last picture on the 2nd page. They are very easy.
      Hope this helps, CB :)
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2005
        You can also do a simple bootie by casting on 12 to 14 pegs using the
        blue kk loom and knitting in the flat for 2 to 3 inches, bring up for
        cuff, then continue to knit for another few inches for the foot.
        Remove by gathering just like a hat top, this is the toe portion.
        Leave a long strand of yarn for sewing the top portion of the bottie.

        Now sew the two sides (from the inside) up to the bottom of the
        cuff. If you look at the cuff portion you will see that either side
        of the cuff has an opening. Take a ribbon, crocheted chaing or I-
        cord and run it though this opening for a tie. Or you can just
        attach a tie to either side of the cuff.

        These make cute little booties for babies. You can vary the length
        for the baby size also depending on how far up the leg you want the
        bootie to go.

        (this is how I learned from Carrie on rakeknitting) In the ones I
        have done I used two strands of a baby sports weight yarn and they
        came out so soft and cute.

        MaryJeanne

        --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "Christine Besack"