choosing a loom

  • muslimah_salafi_sunni
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2010
      can anyone please help me in choosing a loom. I don't like knifty knitters, but I loved the intro to loom knitting. can anyone help me please? I love knitting in the round looms actually better than knitting boards, cuz then I can just turn it and turn it.. and some of the adjustable ones looked cool, like markmans. but I prefer the round pegs for some reason.

      also, what would happen if someone used a bulky yarn on a loom with small gauge? just curious.

      also, does anyone here like kiss looms. the idea of it sounds soooooo good, but having to figure out gauges all the time, and having to redo knitting loom patterns, that part just turns me off.

      would love some input here.
    • rhonda schnacky
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2010
        I am having the same problem. I used the green KK loom with two strands of
        Homespun yarn. It worked well but the hat was very stretchy after it was done
        and got too stretched out. I switched to a loom with a closer gauge and I am
        having trouble with the yarn being too tight on that loom so I will haveĀ  to
        start over. I like the bulky yarns and also would like to know how they would
        work on a finer gauge loom.

      • createitis@epix.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2010
          < I like the bulky yarns and also would like to know how they would
          work on a finer gauge loom>

          Hi, This would be the same result that you would get if you used bulky yarn on small size knitting needles. Tight and stiff, depending on how bulky the yarn and how fine the loom.

          <It worked well but the hat was very stretchy after it was done
          and got too stretched out>

          One thing to know is that different stitches--ewrap, "U" st, knit st, or flat stitch--all give different gauges. Hope this helps.

          JEC of NEPA
          createitis@...
          http://fibercraftblog.blogspot.com/

        • Shannon Duggan