Re: Looming with 12 girls

  • Barb
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 7, 2010
      For the past few months I have been teaching knitting to Jr. & Sr. Kindergarten kids at a daycare centre. They are 5 and 6 years old. I am teaching them to knit with needles but I also have looms available when they get frustrated or just want to do something different.

      They have made a bunch of baby and child sized hats and really love that they can do this with ease and also like the idea that they will be donated to charity.

      So you would have no trouble whatsoever teaching your Guides to do this. They will have great time!

      Barb in Toronto
    • TonyaK
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 9, 2010
        I think we are going to attempt to make baby hats. We can donate them and this would help them earn a patch as well. I may print out directions for the girls to make a scarf and help them get it started if they enjoy the looming.

        Thanks for all the ideas!

        Tonya
      • Lori Matteson
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 9, 2010
          I would love to see picture of what the girls make. I am sure you will have fun!!!

          Loves, Lori M.
          Oak Harbor, WA