Re: [ROUNDLOOMS] Re: chunky braid stitch

  • ~Cathy Turner
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 1, 2010
      Four times around the loom or four times on each peg all at once?

      --- On Sat, 7/31/10, welliedanger <welliedanger@...> wrote:

      the chunky braid stitch is really easy.  it's not the cable stitch. it's also called the 3-over-1 stitch.  you simply wrap the pegs four times and knit three stitches over one (thus, 3-over-1 ~ brilliant, eh?)  the resulting stitch looks like a braid. it's often used as a border or for when you need a thicker stitch. hope this helps!

      wellie danger

    • KW-D
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 1, 2010
        Four times completely around the loom. Then knit off.

        On Aug 1, 2010, at 6:02 PM, ~Cathy Turner wrote:

        > Four times around the loom or four times on each peg all at once?
        >

        > --- On Sat, 7/31/10, welliedanger <welliedanger@...> wrote:
        >
        > the chunky braid stitch is really easy. it's not the cable stitch. it's also called the 3-over-1 stitch. you simply wrap the pegs four times and knit three stitches over one (thus, 3-over-1 ~ brilliant, eh?) the resulting stitch looks like a braid. it's often used as a border or for when you need a thicker stitch. hope this helps!
        >
        > wellie danger

        Dux

        Bonus raccoon!
      • ~Cathy Turner
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 1, 2010
          Thanks!

          --- On Sun, 8/1/10, KW-D <KX4WD@...> wrote:

          Four times completely around the loom. Then knit off.

          On Aug 1, 2010, at 6:02 PM, ~Cathy Turner wrote:

          > Four times around the loom or four times on each peg all at once?

        • Earline Marini
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 1, 2010
            Thank You all. I understand how to do it now. Would this stitch be good, in
            place of the brim on a hat?

            ________________________________
            Four times completely around the loom. Then knit off.

            On Aug 1, 2010, at 6:02 PM, ~Cathy Turner wrote:

            > Four times around the loom or four times on each peg all at once?
            >

            > --- On Sat, 7/31/10, welliedanger <welliedanger@...> wrote:
            >
            > the chunky braid stitch is really easy. it's not the cable stitch. it's also
            >called the 3-over-1 stitch. you simply wrap the pegs four times and knit three
            >stitches over one (thus, 3-over-1 ~ brilliant, eh?) the resulting stitch looks
            >like a braid. it's often used as a border or for when you need a thicker stitch.
            >hope this helps!
            >
            > wellie danger

            Dux

            Bonus raccoon!

          • welliedanger
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 2, 2010
              cathy,

              that's four times around the loom (or back and forth if you're knitting a flat panel.) does that make sense?

              *wellie*

              --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, ~Cathy Turner <turner.cathy@...> wrote:

              > Four times around the loom or four times on each peg all at once?
              >

              > --- On Sat, 7/31/10, welliedanger <welliedanger@...> wrote:
              >
              > the chunky braid stitch is really easy.  it's not the cable stitch. it's also called the 3-over-1 stitch.  you simply wrap the pegs four times and knit three stitches over one (thus, 3-over-1 ~ brilliant, eh?)  the resulting stitch looks like a braid. it's often used as a border or for when you need a thicker stitch. hope this helps!
              >
              > wellie danger
            • welliedanger
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 2, 2010
                earline,

                it's often used for exactly that purpose :)

                wellie

                --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, Earline Marini <earline.marini@...> wrote:

                > Thank You all. I understand how to do it now. Would this stitch be good, in
                > place of the brim on a hat?
              • Earline Marini
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 2, 2010
                  Thank You.

                  ________________________________
                  it's often used for exactly that purpose :)

                  wellie

                  --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, Earline Marini <earline.marini@...> wrote:

                  > Thank You all. I understand how to do it now. Would this stitch be good, in
                  > place of the brim on a hat?

                • ~Cathy Turner
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 2, 2010
                    Yep, that's what I thought, but I wanted to be sure.

                    Thanks!

                    ~Cathy Turner