Re: [ROUNDLOOMS] Baby Hat!

  • Karen Mokas
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 27, 2010
      Marilyn. I would use the red and do a 1 over 2. I have a charity and I know the
      blue one will only fit on preemies. have fun. Some use 2 strands of yarn but I
      do not. Karen M

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 27, 2010
        Hello, I make newborn hats on the blue KK loom. It may be the yarn that you are using. I use two strands of caron simply soft or redheart softy. they are just a smidge thinner than regular redheart super saver. The hats I amke will fit a preemee to a big new born. Hope this helps.

        Loves, Lori M.
        Oak Harbor, WA

        Hello! Everyone I need help on what Loom to make a Newborn hat. I have been told the small blue loom will do and tried that but it came out to a Preemie size. I also made 2 on the red loom and to me they will fit an older child not s newborn. Can someone tell me what size is best. I am using the Kniffty Knitter Loom. Thanks In advance.

      • Dennis Cook
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 27, 2010
          I'm making newborn hats now. I use the blue loom and the e-wrap stitch thru
          out 12 rows then make the brim then another twelve rows and bind off.

          On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Marilyn <marilynnfranklin@...> wrote:

          > Hello! Everyone I need help on what Loom to make a Newborn hat. I have been
          > told the small blue loom will do and tried that but it came out to a Preemie
          > size. I also made 2 on the red loom and to me they will fit an older child
          > not s newborn. Can someone tell me what size is best. I am using the
          > Kniffty Knitter Loom. Thanks In advance.

          "Just Tappin' the keys in New Hampshire!"
          Email: Little_Brush@...

        • MarthaS
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 27, 2010
            Yes, I also use the blue loom with double yarn.
            Good luck!

            ________________________________

          • marilynnfranklin@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 27, 2010
              Thank you! Will do that..Marilyn in La

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 27, 2010
                Ok! I am getting good advice
                Thank you!

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 27, 2010
                  Hi Karen you may have solved my problem. My label is off my yarn but I think I have some with the label still on, will post that to let You know. Thanks a lot..Marilynn on La.

                  Lori Matteson <6kittykats@...> wrote:

                  >Hello, I make newborn hats on the blue KK loom. It may be the yarn that you are using. I use two strands of caron simply soft or redheart softy. they are just a smidge thinner than regular redheart super saver. The hats I amke will fit a preemee to a big new born. Hope this helps.
                  >
                  >Loves, Lori M.
                  >Oak Harbor, WA

                • Marilyn Franklin
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 27, 2010
                    Hi karen, what is the 1 over 2?

                    On Tue Jul 27th, 2010 3:11 PM EDT Karen Mokas wrote:

                    >Marilyn. I would use the red and do a 1 over 2. I have a charity and I know the
                    >blue one will only fit on preemies. have fun. Some use 2 strands of yarn but I
                    >do not. Karen M

                  • Karen Mokas
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 27, 2010
                      wrap your loom 3 times (3 loops per peg) Knit off 1 loop over 2, leaving 2 loops
                      on peg. Wrap again(1 time) and Knit off 1 loop over 2. Continue this way.

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 27, 2010
                        OK thank you!