Baby Hat!

  • Marilyn
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 27, 2010
      Hello! Everyone I need help on what Loom to make a Newborn hat. I have been told the small blue loom will do and tried that but it came out to a Preemie size. I also made 2 on the red loom and to me they will fit an older child not s newborn. Can someone tell me what size is best. I am using the Kniffty Knitter Loom. Thanks In advance.
    • Karen Mokas
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 27, 2010
        Marilyn. I would use the red and do a 1 over 2. I have a charity and I know the
        blue one will only fit on preemies. have fun. Some use 2 strands of yarn but I
        do not. Karen M

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 27, 2010
          Hello, I make newborn hats on the blue KK loom. It may be the yarn that you are using. I use two strands of caron simply soft or redheart softy. they are just a smidge thinner than regular redheart super saver. The hats I amke will fit a preemee to a big new born. Hope this helps.

          Loves, Lori M.
          Oak Harbor, WA

          Hello! Everyone I need help on what Loom to make a Newborn hat. I have been told the small blue loom will do and tried that but it came out to a Preemie size. I also made 2 on the red loom and to me they will fit an older child not s newborn. Can someone tell me what size is best. I am using the Kniffty Knitter Loom. Thanks In advance.

        • Dennis Cook
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 27, 2010
            I'm making newborn hats now. I use the blue loom and the e-wrap stitch thru
            out 12 rows then make the brim then another twelve rows and bind off.

            On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Marilyn <marilynnfranklin@...> wrote:

            > Hello! Everyone I need help on what Loom to make a Newborn hat. I have been
            > told the small blue loom will do and tried that but it came out to a Preemie
            > size. I also made 2 on the red loom and to me they will fit an older child
            > not s newborn. Can someone tell me what size is best. I am using the
            > Kniffty Knitter Loom. Thanks In advance.

            "Just Tappin' the keys in New Hampshire!"
            Email: Little_Brush@...

          • MarthaS
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 27, 2010
              Yes, I also use the blue loom with double yarn.
              Good luck!

              ________________________________

            • marilynnfranklin@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 27, 2010
                Thank you! Will do that..Marilyn in La

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 27, 2010
                  Ok! I am getting good advice
                  Thank you!

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 27, 2010
                    Hi Karen you may have solved my problem. My label is off my yarn but I think I have some with the label still on, will post that to let You know. Thanks a lot..Marilynn on La.

                    Lori Matteson <6kittykats@...> wrote:

                    >Hello, I make newborn hats on the blue KK loom. It may be the yarn that you are using. I use two strands of caron simply soft or redheart softy. they are just a smidge thinner than regular redheart super saver. The hats I amke will fit a preemee to a big new born. Hope this helps.
                    >
                    >Loves, Lori M.
                    >Oak Harbor, WA

                  • Marilyn Franklin
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 27, 2010
                      Hi karen, what is the 1 over 2?

                      On Tue Jul 27th, 2010 3:11 PM EDT Karen Mokas wrote:

                      >Marilyn. I would use the red and do a 1 over 2. I have a charity and I know the
                      >blue one will only fit on preemies. have fun. Some use 2 strands of yarn but I
                      >do not. Karen M

                    • Karen Mokas
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 27, 2010
                        wrap your loom 3 times (3 loops per peg) Knit off 1 loop over 2, leaving 2 loops
                        on peg. Wrap again(1 time) and Knit off 1 loop over 2. Continue this way.

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 27, 2010
                          OK thank you!