New to looming & group...a few questions

  • snephenie
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28, 2005
      Hello all. My name is Steph and I just purchased my first set of looms
      on Sunday. I have already done a two color childs hat. (Using 2/2) and
      am currently working on a tube scarf using the newborn loom.

      Here are my quesions. My aunt saw these and wants me to make her a hat
      using the Bernat Soft Bouncle in navy and cream. She wants the cream on
      the brim.

      1. Do I start with the brim color first work over then pull up ends and
      work brim for as long as I want then switch to the hat color? Or start
      with hat color and change to brim color once I reattach the bottom?

      2. What would be the best way to do this. 2/2, 1/2 or 1/1.

      Thanks a bunch.

      :)Steph
    • Nicole Creely
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 28, 2005
        You start with the brim color and then change to the hat color.
        Nicole in PA

        --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "snephenie" <steph@h...> wrote:
        > Hello all. My name is Steph and I just purchased my first set of
        looms
        > on Sunday. I have already done a two color childs hat. (Using 2/2)
        and
        > am currently working on a tube scarf using the newborn loom.
        >
        > Here are my quesions. My aunt saw these and wants me to make her a
        hat
        > using the Bernat Soft Bouncle in navy and cream. She wants the
        cream on
        > the brim.
        >
        > 1. Do I start with the brim color first work over then pull up
        ends and
        > work brim for as long as I want then switch to the hat color? Or
        start
        > with hat color and change to brim color once I reattach the bottom?
        >
        > 2. What would be the best way to do this. 2/2, 1/2 or 1/1.
        >
        > Thanks a bunch.
        >
        > :)Steph
      • Mary Jeanne
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 28, 2005
          Hi Steph,

          If you plan to make a cuff or have the brim roll then start your
          brim color first. Then when you have the cuff done or the amount of
          roll done change to your next color.

          Now if you want do one where the brim will not roll you can do as
          you mention by removing and replacing the back for the other side,
          but you could also use the purl stitch to help stop any rolling from
          happening. Then you would make the brim color, the body color and
          gather at the end.

          I have not used that type of yarn so I do not know if it is worsted
          weight, chunky or something smaller. If it is a chunky use a 1 over
          one with one strand. A worsted weight you can choose to do any of
          these with one or two strands. A sports weight use at least two
          strands together and do a chunky braid, 1 over 3 for a tigher weave.

          MaryJeanne