Water Bottle Holder

  • lindarobbins40
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 24, 2010
      Does anyone have a pattern for a water bottle holder? I would like to make one that could possibly hook onto a golf bag.

      Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,
      Linda
    • David & Dawn Amundson
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 24, 2010
        Hi Linda,
        Here is a pattern I made to make a flat bottomed water bottle holder.
        I think you could easly make a way to hook it onto a golf bag, just knit a I cord and knit it into the top part on one side and then use it to tie it onto the golf bag.
        I have another style too, but I have not gotten that one written up yet. I will work on it Friday evening and see if I can get it sent to you.
        I hope this helps you some on your project. Good Luck!
        Bye for now,
        Dawn L. Amundson
        Does anyone have a pattern for a water bottle holder? I would like to make one that could possibly hook onto a golf bag.

        Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,
        Linda

      • Lynn
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 25, 2010
          Hello,
          Regarding the water bottle holder, I don't know if there is a pattern for one. But, I've made 2 using the small blue round loom for a larger bottle, and one from the small peach color flower loom for smaller bottles. I use an empty bottle to shape the holder (mostly to shape the bottom so the bottles can stand up). Since you want to hang it from a golf cart, you may be good to go without doing that.

          Who knows? Maybe someone has an actual pattern. I'd like to see how different it may be from what I've made.

          ~~~Lynn

        • Karen Mokas
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 25, 2010
            there is a pattern somewhere, I just have to find it. Karen

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 25, 2010
              there is one at gettin it pegged. Karen

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 25, 2010

                ________________________________

              • MarthaS
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 25, 2010
                  Hi Linda,
                  I will make some and this is how I plan to make them:
                  1. crochet the base in round to the size of the bottle
                  2. attach the stitches to the size loom you desire (pink flower loom for small bottle and blue for larger one)
                  3. continue to the desired length
                  4. Finish with a scallop
                  5. attach a cord between the body and the scallop
                  6. DONE!
                  vacationing in Florida :)

                  Does anyone have a pattern for a water bottle holder? I would like to make one that could possibly hook onto a golf bag.

                  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,
                  Linda

                • Linda Robbins
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 25, 2010
                    Thanks to all for you input. Very much appreciated.

                    Linda

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 3, 2010
                      I have posted in the Files section my pattern for the Flat Bottom Water Bottle Holder with Straps.
                      I anyone has questions let me know.
                      Thanks and Happy Loom Knitting,
                      Dawn A.

                      --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "lindarobbins40" <l.lindarobbins@...> wrote:

                      > Does anyone have a pattern for a water bottle holder? I would like to make one that could possibly hook onto a golf bag.
                      >
                      > Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,
                      > Linda

                    • Linda Jones
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 24, 2010
                        Hi Dawn,

                        Thank you for sharing the pattern! I downloaded it. Do you perhaps have a
                        photo of the holder? I checked through the photos, but if it's posted, I
                        may have missed it.

                        Either way, it's now in my "to do" files<G> Love bottle holders and use them
                        ALL the time!

                        Perfect!

                        LindaJ

                        http://s937.photobucket.com/home/eljay1250/allalbums

                        http://community.webshots.com/user/eljay1250

                      • Amdalen
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 24, 2010
                          I do have a photo in my photos file. Click on Photos over on the left. Look for Dawn and Emilys Loom Projects and it is in there. One photo has 3 flat bottom one's with out handles and there is a picture of the one I made and am using that is flat bottomed and has a handle. I love using it. I did end up adding a Knifty Knitted cover to make the handle a little thicker where it rests on my shoulder. I made a flat piece that was 6 pegs big, 8" long, and then put it around the handle and sewed it in place with yarn. I found with my big water bottle I need a little more padding on my shoulder when it was full.
                          Good luck, I hope it works for you and anyone else who tries. Let me know you or anyone else has questions.
                          Thanks, Dawn A., NE Iowa