Re: What are you doing now?

  • amoonsinger
    Message 1 of 59 , Jun 1, 2010
      LOL, I have to looms sitting here in the computer cabinet, several in the bedroom around the knitting machine, and a wall full in the craft room. Then I have those in my car and a couple in bags ready to go in a second.

      Most of the time I am the one driving also. So those emergency projects in the car get little work but there is the off chance of something happening. Say what if the power goes off at work but the boss doesn't want me to leave yet, knitting time (I work on a computer so no power no computer, no filing either as the room is so dark with out lights). Or what if the road to home suddenly caves in with a sink hole, knitting time (there are few roads so that I could go around. Or what if....something. At least I will have something to do in the meantime. ROFLOL Be prepared is all I can say, oh no that's not right how about this one, totally addicted to crafting.

      I do looms in the car when the hubby is driving (he does so for our monthly to every other month shopping), or when I go with my daughter and grands to the neighboring town (not often but it does happen). Those are my in the car I am crafting times.

      MaryJeanne

      --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, ~Cathy Turner <turner.cathy@...> wrote:

      > I am in the car a **lot**, but most of the time I'm the one driving.  My only regular trip in the car is to church, but it's less than a mile away so I wouldn't get much done then!  It always takes me a few minutes to pull everything out and get oriented before I can get started with the actual knitting.
      >
      > If only we would go on a trip, then I could possibly get something accomplished.
      >
      > I was only kidding about getting kicked out.  I still have at least three looms within arms reach as I type this!
      >
      > ~Cathy

    • amoonsinger
      Message 59 of 59 , Jun 1, 2010
        Oh there are some awesome groups for knitting machines. They have ones for the bond type machines, brothers, studios, Toyota's, and others that are just combined groups.

        Then there are youtube videos that are just awesome, Diana has lots of them: her blog http://diananatters.blogspot.com/ which will lead you to her youtube videos. Plus there are more.

        Then there are lots of on line sites to help learn the machines. Another thing that I use as a source of learning is videos from Alaskan Hobby knitter. These I do have to buy but that gives me the ability to have her DVDs to take with me. They play on the computer and in DVD players. She doesn't do sterile videos that are perfect from the go. If she makes mistakes (which we all do), she actually discusses them and shows fixes.

        Then there is Susan. Susan got me started on the knitting machine by her youtube videos. She is fun to watch and actually makes videos that shows mistakes and messups. Helped me to see these and get me started. http://susyranner.blogspot.com/ Her blog at that link.

        MaryJeanne