Re: [ROUNDLOOMS] Does anyone actually use this group? Tanya

  • Birgit
    Message 1 of 12 , May 15, 2010
      Thanks for the congrats on the new baby  but we still have a ways to go
      My daughter well both kids live in Indiana... Going to try and get up there  in June  its been a year now since I seen  my kids
      And about 2 years since I seen the grandkids

      I bought the  long knitting board  cause I want to try something where I only need to use
      One  strand of yarn  ... I have all the knifty knitters and love them but  some items tend to get bulky there or
      To loose.... Love the round looms for hats  especially
      Made a little bag for my  4 year old grand daughter still have to attach the handles so to speak
      That was kind of my own creation not sure  how I like it will post a pic  when I have completed it
      I actually wove the bottom then did ewrap straight up  to make the sides
      Then up I went...lol
      You'll see  what I mean
      I thought it came out pretty good...
      Oh my here I go a talking..  Don't ask me to talk I will  talk your ears off sometimes
      Comes from  being a stay at home now after working so many years I miss the companionship a lot
      Hubby works  and the cats and dog don't answer me ...lol  yet..........
      Hugs Birgit

      Message 2 of 12 , May 15, 2010
        Hi! Brigit, i have all the Looms as well. Just bought the long one in March i believe. I am working on a Basket Weave Hat. I love the pattern now. I had to learn the Purl Stitch so i stayed away from Patterns and made a Simple one...Marilynn in La.

      • nancy

          Message 4 of 12 , May 15, 2010
            I know the  purl and knit  I am actually thinking about a basket weave type pattern
            For my baby afghan will try  and see how I like it...
            Hugs Birgit

            Hi! Brigit, i have all the Looms as well. Just bought the long one in March i believe. I am working on a Basket Weave Hat. I love the pattern now. I had to learn the Purl Stitch so i stayed away from Patterns and made a Simple one...Marilynn in La.

            On Sat May 15th, 2010 12:58 PM EDT Birgit wrote:

            >Thanks for the congrats on the new baby  but we still have a ways to go
            >My daughter well both kids live in Indiana... Going to try and get up there
            >in June  its been a year now since I seen  my kids
            >And about 2 years since I seen the grandkids
            >
            >I bought the  long knitting board  cause I want to try something where I
            >only need to use
            >One  strand of yarn  ... I have all the knifty knitters and love them but
            >some items tend to get bulky there or
            >To loose.... Love the round looms for hats  especially
            >Made a little bag for my  4 year old grand daughter still have to attach the
            >handles so to speak
            >That was kind of my own creation not sure  how I like it will post a pic
            >when I have completed it
            >I actually wove the bottom then did ewrap straight up  to make the sides
            >Then up I went...lol
            >You'll see  what I mean
            >I thought it came out pretty good...
            >Oh my here I go a talking..  Don't ask me to talk I will  talk your ears off
            >sometimes
            >Comes from  being a stay at home now after working so many years I miss the
            >companionship a lot
            >Hubby works  and the cats and dog don't answer me ...lol  yet..........
            >Hugs Birgit

          • Patti
            Message 5 of 12 , May 15, 2010
              Hi Nancy, this is Patti and i to live in Indianapolis,Indiana. I live on the westside. I have been loom knitting for a few months now and i just love it. I caint tell u how many hats i`ve made so far. We have a senior group that just started. I`m the only one in the group that is going for more than just the basic hat. I`m willing to try anything once. I did the basket weave hat,i just finished a garter stitch hat. I just love the KK it`s so relaxing. Well have a nice evening.Patti

              > Hi Birgit... I am Nancy and I live in Indiana too.. where to your kids live in Indiana?.. just curious.. hugs and happy looming.. I don't do a lot of looming but some..I do more crocheting ..

            • Marilyn Franklin
              Message 6 of 12 , May 15, 2010
                Hi! birgit, the basket weave pattern is just so fun to work with. I think you can make a baby afghan using that Pattern...Marilynn in La.

              • Birgit
                Message 7 of 12 , May 15, 2010
                  Hey Tanya

                  Lol yea told you once you get me started I turn into a book.....lol
                  Well not all the time.. When I am not feeling good I get quiet... Cause
                  then not in front of the PC
                  As much...
                  I do know the 1 over 2 also have done 2 over 1 before...lol
                  The bag bottom is woven with my yarn in the darning needle
                  Went a wrapped from one peg to the one across like those little pot
                  holder looms
                  We had when we where little
                  Made it as square or close to the edge as possible
                  Then with my yarn in the darning needle went up and down and up and down
                  Across the rows until my bottom was weaved again as close as possible
                  Then once I was satisfied ewrapped my pegs so there where 3 loops
                  Then did 2 over 1 for the first 2 rows
                  Then did regular knit stitch not ewrap
                  Every once in a while did an ewrap just for change of texture....lol
                  As I said I played around till I had it
                  Plan on down the road to make another one this time bigger
                  So when I do will write down what I did and take pics of my progress so If
                  I want to
                  Do it again I can do it easier...
                  Did you ever get your loom in February in time for your birthday??
                  And have you made anything with it....
                  Ok its 11:08 PM here time to spend a little time with hubby before hitting
                  the sack
                  Hugs Birgit

                  Message 8 of 12 , May 16, 2010
                    I have that particular bag to finish.. The one with the weaved bottom trying
                    to decide the handles for it...
                    Then I have a hat started in my take along doctor waiting room bag....lol
                    Other than that I dont have anything started so
                    I started the baby afghan last nite on the knitting board
                    It takes a bit getting used to after working with the kk looms
                    Since its much closer together.. I sure hope it works
                    Looked at the DVD that came with it and also found some on youtube
                    So we shall see...........
                    Happu Looming and Happy SUnday

                    Hugs Birgit

                    Message 9 of 12 , May 16, 2010
                      Hi again Patti.. we live on the East side of Indy ... I have a dear friend
                      that lives on the West side that comes once a month and crochets with us in
                      Greenfield.. we have a lot of fun.. if you are interested and would like to
                      join us. let me know.. we will be meeting this coming Sat. at noon in
                      Greenfield at the burger king there.. so let me know okay?.. would love to
                      have you join us.. we bring things we have done and all of us just have a
                      great time.. hugs...Nancy
                      > Hi Nancy, this is Patti and i to live in Indianapolis,Indiana. I live on
                      > the westside. I have been loom knitting for a few months now and i just
                      > love it. I caint tell u how many hats i`ve made so far. We have a senior
                      > group that just started. I`m the only one in the group that is going for
                      > more than just the basic hat. I`m willing to try anything once. I did the
                      > basket weave hat,i just finished a garter stitch hat. I just love the KK
                      > it`s so relaxing. Well have a nice evening.Patti
                      >
                      > --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "nancy" <dewitt.nancy@...> wrote:
                      >>
                      >> Hi Birgit... I am Nancy and I live in Indiana too.. where to your kids
                      >> live in Indiana?.. just curious.. hugs and happy looming.. I don't do a
                      >> lot of looming but some..I do more crocheting ..

                    • Patti
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 17, 2010
                        Nancy, where on the westside of indy does ur friend live.
                        Patti

                        > Hi Nancy, this is Patti and i to live in Indianapolis,Indiana. I live on
                        > the westside. I have been loom knitting for a few months now and i just
                        > love it. I caint tell u how many hats i`ve made so far. We have a senior
                        > group that just started. I`m the only one in the group that is going for
                        > more than just the basic hat. I`m willing to try anything once. I did the
                        > basket weave hat,i just finished a garter stitch hat. I just love the KK
                        > it`s so relaxing. Well have a nice evening.Patti
                        >
                        > --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "nancy" <dewitt.nancy@...> wrote:
                        >>
                        >> Hi Birgit... I am Nancy and I live in Indiana too.. where to your kids
                        >> live in Indiana?.. just curious.. hugs and happy looming.. I don't do a
                        >> lot of looming but some..I do more crocheting ..

                      • nancy
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 17, 2010
                          Hi Patti.. my friend lives close to Plainfield.. her husband and her come
                          together... as she don't drive anymore... all I know is she has an Avon
                          address .. not sure where they live but this month we are going to meet at
                          her house... then I will know for sure where she lives... next month it will
                          be in Greenfield again as this is only a one time thing... where do you
                          live?.. we would love to have you join us... I am not sure when our next
                          meeting will be as we will decide that when we meet this coming Sat... you
                          are welcome to come too if you would like.. I can give you her address and
                          we will be meeting from noon until 2 in the afternoon or whenever we feel
                          like leaving.. sometimes we do stay past 2:00... not always but sometimes..
                          so please let me know if you would like to meet us this Sat... hugs...Nancy
                          Nancy, where on the westside of indy does ur friend live.
                          Patti

                          > Hi Nancy, this is Patti and i to live in Indianapolis,Indiana. I live on
                          > the westside. I have been loom knitting for a few months now and i just
                          > love it. I caint tell u how many hats i`ve made so far. We have a senior
                          > group that just started. I`m the only one in the group that is going for
                          > more than just the basic hat. I`m willing to try anything once. I did the
                          > basket weave hat,i just finished a garter stitch hat. I just love the KK
                          > it`s so relaxing. Well have a nice evening.Patti
                          >
                          > --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "nancy" <dewitt.nancy@...> wrote:
                          >>
                          >> Hi Birgit... I am Nancy and I live in Indiana too.. where to your kids
                          >> live in Indiana?.. just curious.. hugs and happy looming.. I don't do a
                          >> lot of looming but some..I do more crocheting ..

                        • Patti
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jun 17, 2010
                            Hi Nancy, I live @ Rockville Rd.& Girl School Rd. Yes please give me her address so i can look it up on the white pages and see exacly where she lives. I`m just a littleeeeee bit from Avon. That would be awesome. I really need some help with changing of the colors. I can bring the loom and u can let me know what i did wrong. I will be waiting to hear back from u.
                            Thanks so much!
                            Patti