I'm back

  • Marie P
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2010
      I haven't read any groups or posted on here in a couple of years, but I have still been looming. I also moved from C to Ohio and did lots of other things that were time consuming and I got away from spending so much time on the computer for a while because my hands were giving me fits.

      I am trying to come up with a pattern for a sweater which will be a cardigan and maybe even a hoodie. I've made the back already and I have the sleeve pattern from when I made the sweater with the square neckline ages ago. Square patch pockets would be easy. I am going to try to figure out the more angular ones peole stuff theeir hands in. The hood ought to be a challange. I have no clue right now if I can do that.

      I want to make all the pattern pices an even number of horizonal and vertical rows so you could make it with ribbing or add cables or checkerboard things or stuff like that for people who are tired of just plain knitting.

      Back to thinking.

      Marie
    • KW-D
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5, 2010
        On May 5, 2010, at 12:36 PM, Marie P wrote:

        > The hood ought to be a challange. I have no clue right now if I can do that.

        I do hoods by stitching two flat panel rectangles (measure from back center of a sweater neck to front center for width) along a short and long edge, the attaching them to my sweater body.

        ;) Dux the Damned

        “If Christ were here now, there is one thing he would not be — a Christian.” Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)