Re: [ROUNDLOOMS] Re: Help me Design my son's Navy blanket

  • Cathy Turner
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3, 2010
      Presumably his rating will change as he advances, no?  Am I understanding that right?

      If so, I would use something that will not get outdated.

      ~Cathy

      LOL oh I would never have sent him anything while he was in basic....(I myself was in the Navy so I undertand). He has been in the Navy for over a year now. But I was thinking the same thing about making it to fussy and it not looking very masculine. The more I think about it, I like the simple version best. Blue with a yellow edging and perhap just his rating placed somewhere. either a small symbol in a corner or a larger one in the center. And I am even considering just sewing him a blanket. I am not a fast knitter. Perhaps a fleece blanket would be better. Maybe I should just stick to knitting hats and scraves. lol