Re: How do I connect panels that I made on the long looms to make and afghan?

  • RebeccaE
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
      Ginny-

      I'm definately NOT a crocheter, so I always use a needle and project yarn to mattress stitch my panels together. If you need to see how to do this, go to www.dalooms.com, and check out Isela's videos. She makes great tutotrial videos.

      Good luck!

      Becca

      --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "Virginia" <ginny6795@...> wrote:

      > I am on my 5th and final panel of an afghan I'm making with the long looms. I'll probably finish it up tomorrow night. What I need to know now is how to connect the panels. I've found some information online, but nothing with video or pictures...so I'm finding it hard to understand how to do it. Some have mentioned the mattress stitch, others say whip stitch, and one said a blanket stitch. I've tried crocheting panels together, sort of the same crocheting you would use to take a project off a long loom...just pulling each stitch through the next, but it didn't look right. How do you all connect your panels? Crochet hook? Yarn needle? HELP!
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Ginny

    • Ginny Anonymous
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
        Great! Thanks Becca, I'll definitely check out those tutorials...after work...lol   Have a great day!

        Ginny

        P.S.  Sorry about the double post everybody...I posted once via e-mail and thought I did it wrong...so I went to the group page and posted again.