New to Round Looms

  • anniecanknit
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 15, 2009
      Hi! Just this month I've discovered the Knifty Knitter looms. A couple ladies at my church began making beanies with them for the veterans and I was hooked! In just the past couple weeks I've made 10 beanies to contribute and now am looking to learn more ways to use the looms. One question I do have is this: it seems that the large yellow loom makes a big hat that is a bit too big for most of the people around here but yet the next size smaller, the green one is too small. I saw somewhere on the internet someone that was using a PINK loom that is sized in between the green and yellow. Does anyone know where that size could be found? Thanks!!! Annie
    • RebeccaE
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 22, 2009
        Annie-

        I think when people are talking about a pink loom in between the yellow and green looms they are talking about a different brand. However, Provocraft DOES make a Knifty Knitter hat loom! It's purple, and I use it for most adult sized hats, and so far they seem to fit everyone great! Check your local stores...Walmart, Joann's, Michaels, etc. If you can't find it locally, www.joann.com usually carries it, and with a 40% off coupon, it's a steal!

        Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions!

        Becca

        --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "anniecanknit" <anniecanknit@...> wrote:

        > Hi! Just this month I've discovered the Knifty Knitter looms. A couple ladies at my church began making beanies with them for the veterans and I was hooked! In just the past couple weeks I've made 10 beanies to contribute and now am looking to learn more ways to use the looms. One question I do have is this: it seems that the large yellow loom makes a big hat that is a bit too big for most of the people around here but yet the next size smaller, the green one is too small. I saw somewhere on the internet someone that was using a PINK loom that is sized in between the green and yellow. Does anyone know where that size could be found? Thanks!!! Annie

      • wuestdeborah
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 27, 2009
          I have been using the red loom to knit hats that fit babies to toddlers. My son is 2 1/2, and the hat made on the red loom is becoming to small. What size should I use for small children? The next size up, the green one, makes a hat that fits me. Is there a loom in between the red and the green that would make a good size for a small child? (Even if it is another brand)
          I need to make a hat 4 a 4 year old and I don't want to use the green loom because I know it will be too big. I already know the hat from the red one is too small.
          Thank you for you help.

          --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "anniecanknit" <anniecanknit@...> wrote:

          > Hi! Just this month I've discovered the Knifty Knitter looms. A couple ladies at my church began making beanies with them for the veterans and I was hooked! In just the past couple weeks I've made 10 beanies to contribute and now am looking to learn more ways to use the looms. One question I do have is this: it seems that the large yellow loom makes a big hat that is a bit too big for most of the people around here but yet the next size smaller, the green one is too small. I saw somewhere on the internet someone that was using a PINK loom that is sized in between the green and yellow. Does anyone know where that size could be found? Thanks!!! Annie

        • Cathy Turner
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 27, 2009
            If you loom really loosely, so loosely that the loops almost fall off the pegs, it makes a bigger hat.  I loomed one on the adult sized loom this way, and it's really loose and doesn't squash down my hair like hats usually do.

            ~Cathy Turner