changing colors

  • Pauline
    Message 1 of 27 , Dec 11, 2009
      I want to make a scarf from a round loom. I am looking for a video that show how to change colors. can you help me? I have looked on Youtube but can't find one.I want to make periodic rows of colors. thanks, Pauline
    • Adrienne Oliver
      Message 2 of 27 , Dec 11, 2009
        Check YouTube

        Message 3 of 27 , Dec 11, 2009
          I don't know of a video, but I think you tie a strong knot to switch from the old color to the new color yarn and then trim the tails. At least that's how I did it although some people seem to weave the tails back into the project. :)

          --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "Pauline" <pshreiman@...> wrote:

          > I want to make a scarf from a round loom. I am looking for a video that show how to change colors. can you help me? I have looked on Youtube but can't find one.I want to make periodic rows of colors. thanks, Pauline

        • nonna
          Message 4 of 27 , Dec 11, 2009
            well i know a boggin is a toboggan or a knitted hat..unfortunately i am also looking for a pattern for one to make on the round loom. so please, somebody help us :)

            --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Cook" <little_brush@...> wrote:

            > What's a Boggin????
            >

            > "Just tappin' the keys in New Hampshire"
            > Picturetrail: http://picturetrail.com/blueliquidstar
            > Email: Little_brush@...

          • KW-D
            Message 5 of 27 , Dec 12, 2009
              On Dec 11, 2009, at 8:39 PM, nonna wrote:

              > well i know a boggin is a toboggan or a knitted hat..unfortunately i am also looking for a pattern for one to make on the round loom. so please, somebody help us :)

              Do you know how to increase? Do you know how to make an i-cord? If you know both, it's pretty simple.

              Let me know, then I'll tell you how to do the rest.

              Dux RN

              That's not a nurse — that's evil with a nurse face.
            • pshreiman@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 27 , Dec 12, 2009
                I can figure out both. tell me, pauline
                On Dec 11, 2009, at 8:39 PM, nonna wrote:

                > well i know a boggin is a toboggan or a knitted hat..unfortunately i am also looking for a pattern for one to make on the round loom. so please, somebody help us :)

                Do you know how to increase? Do you know how to make an i-cord? If you know both, it's pretty simple.

                Let me know, then I'll tell you how to do the rest.

                Dux RN

                That's not a nurse — that's evil with a nurse face.

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                    ROUNDLOOMS-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    ROUNDLOOMS-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • Cathy Turner
                Message 7 of 27 , Dec 12, 2009
                  Well, you just go round and round until you get the length you want, then thread the trailing end through the loops on the loom.  Remove loops off the loom, draw tight, and tie it off.

                  HTH,

                  ~Cathy Turner

                  well i know a boggin is a toboggan or a knitted hat..unfortunately i am also looking for a pattern for one to make on the round loom. so please, somebody help us :)

                  --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Cook" <little_brush@...> wrote:

                  > What's a Boggin????

                  > "Just tappin' the keys in New Hampshire"
                  > Picturetrail: http://picturetrail.com/blueliquidstar
                  > Email: Little_brush@...

                • Vicki Giansante
                  Message 8 of 27 , Dec 13, 2009
                    To change colors just start using the new color, then after you have
                    knitted about 2 rows with the new color, tie the 2 yarns together with a
                    knot that is tight enough not to leave any hole, and proceed with the
                    new color.
                    Vicki
                  • AbbeyGoSooners@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 27 , Dec 14, 2009
                      Vicki - thanks for your reply.  I know that seems like such a simple thing, but just wasn't sure about it.  I'm new to the Knifty Knitter, so have lots to learn, but am definitely enjoying it.  I sometimes have trouble weaving in the tails so they don't show....  but I guess I'll eventually get better.

                      Thanks again for your help.