Re: [ROUNDLOOMS] Converting Patterns

  • Dennis Cook
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 7, 2009

     "Just tappin' the keys in New Hampshire"

    As a newbie, I too would be VERY appreciative of tips on how to convert regular patterns to loom patterns.

    Melissa Oyler

  • paperlady43
    Message 2 of 7 , Jul 8, 2009
      I can't read your attachment I tried word, would like to view it. CAROLYN--- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Cook" <little_brush@...> wrote:

      > "Just tappin' the keys in New Hampshire"
      > Picturetrail: http://picturetrail.com/blueliquidstar
      > Email: Little_brush@...

    • Anita Burns
      Message 3 of 7 , Jul 8, 2009
        Those of us still using Office 2000 can't open .docx files.

        Anita B.
        Crafts By Anita
        CraftsByAnita.etsy.com

      • manmhealey
        Message 4 of 7 , Jul 9, 2009
          I have noticed that there is a lot of talk of converting patterns. How do you convert a pattern,I have just been making hats and I am getting tired of hats
        • Dennis Cook
          Message 5 of 7 , Jul 9, 2009
            Look thru the older emails I sent instructions thru......Have a Knitty Day!!

             "Just tappin' the keys in New Hampshire"

            I have noticed that there is a lot of talk of converting patterns. How do you convert a pattern,I have just been making hats and I am getting tired of hats

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:

          • Margery
            Message 6 of 7 , Jul 9, 2009
              On Jul 9, 2009, at 9:35 AM, manmhealey wrote:

              > I have noticed that there is a lot of talk of converting patterns.
              > How do you convert a pattern,I have just been making hats and I am
              > getting tired of hats

              Hello _____?,

              There really isn't any need to "convert" needle knit patterns to loom
              knit patterns if you are just starting out. There are tons of
              patterns for the looms online, both free and for purchase. The yahoo
              looming groups have patterns in their files, and a google search for
              loom knit patterns brings up dozens of sites. Knitting Pattern
              Central has at least a hundred. Also, several of the yahoo looming
              groups have instructions or tutorials on how to convert. Don't forget
              to do search the group's archived messages. If you need help with any
              of this, let us know.

              That said, if you really want to convert a simple needle knit
              pattern, just reverse the alternate rows. Knit odd number rows as
              written, and on even number rows purl where it says to knit and knit
              where it says to purl.

              Margery