Re: Book recommendations?

  • amoonsinger
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 31, 2005
      There is a sweater but I think it is more child sized then baby. I
      will have to pull the book out tomorrow and check. The hubby is
      watching TV in there and I would have to get in his way to get to it
      right now. Since he just pulled a 11 hour day, I won't do that.

      I will let you know what I find out tomorrow. You know when I got it
      I opened it and found it was mostly what I had already learned and
      then abandoned it. I have been planning to pull it out again to see
      if it would be worth giving to my daughter to use. I already gave
      her the knifty knitter one as it was way to beginner for me, but had
      some value for her.

      MaryJeanne

      --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, Annette Roa
      <knittingqueen12002@y...> wrote:
      > Do you know if there are any baby sweater patterns in the book?
      That is one of the reasons why I ordered it. Thanks.

      > amoonsinger <m_j_pettit@y...> wrote:
      > I have it but it is very basic.
      >
      > MaryJeanne
      >
      > --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, Annette Roa
      > <knittingqueen12002@y...> wrote:
      > > Try the book In the Attic. It is $11.95 and can be found on the
      > website that is called In the Attic. I ordered it yesterday and it
      > says it has over 60 patterns including baby sweaters. It is
      supposed
      > to be fully illustrated with over 50 picutures and illustrations.
      > am looking forward to receiving it. I hope this information helps.
      > >
      > > happy looming,
      > > Annette
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Service.

      > Love your Friend and Sister,
      >
      > Annette

    • Annette Roa
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 2005
        Thank you, I appreciate it.   Do you know if there is anywhere else to find patterns?  I am interested in mostly baby layettes as lately I am been going to a lot of baby showers.  In fact in May I have 2 baby showers to go to,  just in case I could not find patterns for the loom or knitting board I crocheted a sweater, hat and afghan for one girl and knitted a sweater, hat and afghan for the other girl.  They both work in my office and are having babies at the same time.

        Well thank you so much for your help.  Have a great day !
        amoonsinger <m_j_pettit@...> wrote:

        There is a sweater but I think it is more child sized then baby.  I
        will have to pull the book out tomorrow and check.  The hubby is
        watching TV in there and I would have to get in his way to get to it
        right now.  Since he just pulled a 11 hour day, I won't do that.

        I will let you know what I find out tomorrow.  You know when I got it
        I opened it and found it was mostly what I had already learned and
        then abandoned it.  I have been planning to pull it out again to see
        if it would be worth giving to my daughter to use.  I already gave
        her the knifty knitter one as it was way to beginner for me, but had
        some value for her.

        MaryJeanne

        --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, Annette Roa
        <knittingqueen12002@y...> wrote:
        > Do you know if there are any baby sweater patterns in the book?
        That is one of the reasons why I ordered it.  Thanks.

        > amoonsinger <m_j_pettit@y...> wrote:
        > I have it but it is very basic.
        >
        > MaryJeanne
        >
        > --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, Annette Roa
        > <knittingqueen12002@y...> wrote:
        > > Try the book In the Attic.  It is $11.95 and can be found on the
        > website that is called In the Attic.  I ordered it yesterday and it
        > says it has over 60 patterns including baby sweaters.  It is
        supposed
        > to be fully illustrated with over 50 picutures and illustrations.
        > am looking forward to receiving it.  I hope this information helps.
        > >
        > > happy looming,
        > > Annette
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Service.

        >  Love your Friend and Sister,
        >
        > Annette

        >  Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources site!

         Love your Friend and Sister,

        Annette

        Yahoo! Messenger

      • amoonsinger
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1, 2005
          Hi,

          Ok I got the book and the sweater pattern says it is an
          infant/toddler sweater. this is done in the flat wrap method. It
          looks to be a quite simple design which is done in back piece, right
          and left front pieces, and then the sleaves. Shouldn't be too hard
          to do. Looks fairly simple. I didn't pay any attention to it as
          when I want sweaters I usually crochet them.

          There is also a pattern book at CinDWood Crafts. The site
          knittingboards.com has patterns but they are for the boards. Then
          there are some patterns available on ebay that I have seen, never
          bought any though.

          Sorry there is just not much available for the looms yet. There are
          some free patterns in the group files on kniftyknitters yahoo group.

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 3, 2005
            thanks I appreciate all the help you have given me on this subject.  It truly helped.  Have a great day

            amoonsinger <m_j_pettit@...> wrote:

            Hi,

            Ok I got the book and the sweater pattern says it is an
            infant/toddler sweater.  this is done in the flat wrap method.  It
            looks to be a quite simple design which is done in back piece, right
            and left front pieces, and then the sleaves.  Shouldn't be too hard
            to do.  Looks fairly simple.  I didn't pay any attention to it as
            when I want sweaters I usually crochet them.

            There is also a pattern book at CinDWood Crafts.  The site
            knittingboards.com has patterns but they are for the boards.  Then
            there are some patterns available on ebay that I have seen, never
            bought any though.

            Sorry there is just not much available for the looms yet.  There are
            some free patterns in the group files on kniftyknitters yahoo group.

            MaryJeanne

            --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, Annette Roa
            <knittingqueen12002@y...> wrote:
            > Thank you, I appreciate it.   Do you know if there is anywhere else
            to find patterns?  I am interested in mostly baby layettes as lately
            I am been going to a lot of baby showers.  In fact in May I have 2
            baby showers to go to,  just in case I could not find patterns for
            the loom or knitting board I crocheted a sweater, hat and afghan for
            one girl and knitted a sweater, hat and afghan for the other girl.
            They both work in my office and are having babies at the same time.

             Love your Friend and Sister,

            Annette

            Do you Yahoo!?