Re: [ROUNDLOOMS] JoAnn's has wooden knitting boards!

  • Loomin' Tanya Wheatley
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1, 2009
      Hi Heather,

      What are you confused about? I will be home later today and would be more
      than willing to try to help out!

      Do you have Skype or any of the messengers? We can work one-on-one with
      those if you do. And do you have a microphone so we can talk so your hands
      will be free to work with the looms?

      Hugs,
      Tanya in Kentucky
      BLOG: http://blind-quilter.spaces.live.com/blog/
      Skype name: blind.quilter
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 1, 2009

        Hi Heather,

        My first attempt at using a long loom was the purple rectangle loom. The instructions that came with it were clear but there was something that I wasn't happy with. Either I didn't hhave enough tension on the yarn or not enough. Then I bought one of the Knifty Knitter "slim jim" instruction booklets (the one with afgans on the cover) and there were a few ways to use the long loom.  I chose a method that makes stitches that look like thick cables and I'm really happy with the results. I'm almost done with a baby blanket using the long blue loom.

        Don't give up.

        Have a great day!

        Adrienne
        i wish that someone could help me with the long loom, cuz i'm confused

        Heather
      • cris3686kk
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 3, 2009
          Could someone plz post a picture of these and where you can find them. My JoAnn's does not carry them and gave me a dumb stare when I asked about them. I did not see them online. HELP!!

          Cristina
        • Margery
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 3, 2009
            On Jul 3, 2009, at 6:31 PM, cris3686kk wrote:

            > Could someone plz post a picture of these and where you can find
            > them. My JoAnn's does not carry them and gave me a dumb stare when
            > I asked about them. I did not see them online. HELP!!

            Hi Cristina,

            You can see them at knittingboards.com . I haven't seen them at
            Joann's online or at our "local" store either. It might be regional,
            or it might be store by store. Maybe eventually they will show up :o).

            Margery
          • ~*Heather*~
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 5, 2009
              Hi Adrienne,

              That sounds hopefull. I too started using the purple retangle loom and I
              had a big problem with tension too and loose knits. I then purchased the
              round loom set and am working on the burgandy loom. I'm trying to make a
              tube scarf but it's not going along so great. I'd love to make an afghan
              can you make them on the round looms?

              Heather
              http://nightdreamer_371.bravejournal.com
            • ~*Heather*~
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 5, 2009
                Hi Tanya,

                I have yahoo messenger. I'm just confused about everything really LOL. I'm
                using a round loom and went around the whole loom, and I'm trying to make a
                tube scarf but I think I'm doing it wrong

                Heather
              • Adrienne Oliver
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 12, 2009
                  Hi Heather,

                  I haven't tried to do an afgan on round loom. I did do a baby blanket on the long blue loom.  The only thing I don't like is that I have to stitch the two panels together. I doesn't look the way that I wanted it to look. At least I finished it, so I'm happy. I want one of the Serenity looms so I can do it all in one piece.