JoAnn's has wooden knitting boards!

  • Adrienne Oliver
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 29, 2009
      I was at my local JoAnn's in Milford,Ct. yesterday and I found 2 sizes of wooden knitting boards. One was 26" and the other I think was the same size as the peach colored Knifty Knitter long loom.

      I didn't buy them because I had willpower but I will go back on Friday and get both of them.
    • Caroleismamacat@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 30, 2009
        Those are the Authentic Knitting Boards..they have been around for a few years and have their own yahoo webgroup!  They also are available at Hobby Lobby. I personally own 4 of them and love them...I have owned one for over 5 years.  I highly recommend them, they make a wonderful doublesided knit and have both heavy duty (large guage) and regular (normal guage) sizes for various projects.
        Joann's is carrying the 25" and the 10" ones, as does Hobby Lobby...to get the other sizes you will have to go online.   But these are good working sizes and not too big to carry around.

        Enjoy!

        Carole
        FLA

        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 30, 2009
          I wish JoAnn's carried the round looms with the smaller gauge pegs.

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 30, 2009
            i wish that someone could help me with the long loom, cuz i'm confused

            Heather
          • Loomin' Tanya Wheatley
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 1, 2009
              Hi Heather,

              What are you confused about? I will be home later today and would be more
              than willing to try to help out!

              Do you have Skype or any of the messengers? We can work one-on-one with
              those if you do. And do you have a microphone so we can talk so your hands
              will be free to work with the looms?

              Hugs,
              Tanya in Kentucky
              BLOG: http://blind-quilter.spaces.live.com/blog/
              Skype name: blind.quilter

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 1, 2009

                Hi Heather,

                My first attempt at using a long loom was the purple rectangle loom. The instructions that came with it were clear but there was something that I wasn't happy with. Either I didn't hhave enough tension on the yarn or not enough. Then I bought one of the Knifty Knitter "slim jim" instruction booklets (the one with afgans on the cover) and there were a few ways to use the long loom.  I chose a method that makes stitches that look like thick cables and I'm really happy with the results. I'm almost done with a baby blanket using the long blue loom.

                Don't give up.

                Have a great day!

                Adrienne
                i wish that someone could help me with the long loom, cuz i'm confused

                Heather
              • cris3686kk
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 3, 2009
                  Could someone plz post a picture of these and where you can find them. My JoAnn's does not carry them and gave me a dumb stare when I asked about them. I did not see them online. HELP!!

                  Cristina
                • Margery
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 3, 2009
                    On Jul 3, 2009, at 6:31 PM, cris3686kk wrote:

                    > Could someone plz post a picture of these and where you can find
                    > them. My JoAnn's does not carry them and gave me a dumb stare when
                    > I asked about them. I did not see them online. HELP!!

                    Hi Cristina,

                    You can see them at knittingboards.com . I haven't seen them at
                    Joann's online or at our "local" store either. It might be regional,
                    or it might be store by store. Maybe eventually they will show up :o).

                    Margery
                  • ~*Heather*~
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 5, 2009
                      Hi Adrienne,

                      That sounds hopefull. I too started using the purple retangle loom and I
                      had a big problem with tension too and loose knits. I then purchased the
                      round loom set and am working on the burgandy loom. I'm trying to make a
                      tube scarf but it's not going along so great. I'd love to make an afghan
                      can you make them on the round looms?

                      Heather
                      http://nightdreamer_371.bravejournal.com
                    • ~*Heather*~
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 5, 2009
                        Hi Tanya,

                        I have yahoo messenger. I'm just confused about everything really LOL. I'm
                        using a round loom and went around the whole loom, and I'm trying to make a
                        tube scarf but I think I'm doing it wrong

                        Heather
                      • Adrienne Oliver
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 12, 2009
                          Hi Heather,

                          I haven't tried to do an afgan on round loom. I did do a baby blanket on the long blue loom.  The only thing I don't like is that I have to stitch the two panels together. I doesn't look the way that I wanted it to look. At least I finished it, so I'm happy. I want one of the Serenity looms so I can do it all in one piece.