Knitting a flat piece

  • Adrienne Oliver
    Message 1 of 3 , May 19, 2009
      Morning All,

      I am following the instructions for knitting a flat piece and my ends keep curling. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Any thoughts?

      Adrienne
    • Mary Jeanne
      Message 2 of 3 , May 19, 2009
        If you are just using the twisted knit or knit stitch (twisted knit is the ewrap), then it is going to curl. You need to edge it after it is finished to stop the curl. Or block it. Or use a combination of knits and purls.

        MaryJeanne

        --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "Adrienne Oliver" <ladyfathom@...> wrote:

        > Morning All,
        >
        > I am following the instructions for knitting a flat piece and my ends keep curling. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Any thoughts?
        >
        > Adrienne

      • shy_moment
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 5, 2009
          --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "Adrienne Oliver" <ladyfathom@...> wrote:

          > Morning All,
          >
          > I am following the instructions for knitting a flat piece and my ends keep curling. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Any thoughts?
          >
          > Adrienne

          Adrienne
          If you are refering to the corners of your bottom row I use a couple extra stitches on the anchor peg to make the corners nice and flat. If, you are talking about your bottom row this is going to happen. Use a nice simple e warp when you start. Do a couple simple one over stitches for a couple of rows and this will make a nice flat bottom row for you.

          Rennie