hi! been round(looming) awile but new here

  • ranee24
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2009
      my name is michelle. i learned to needle knit at 10 yrs old, and learned to crochet at 13. i constantly crafted until i had a stroke at 33. i can use only 1 hand. the rehab center gave me plastic canvas to do and told me to forget about knitting. i didnt give up, i was happy to buy my knifty knitter 4 yrs ago. 100 baby hats to the hospital, a afghan, and grown up hats and scarves were made with the provocraft method. i recently learned how to kknit like needle knitting on a loom thanks to purling sprite videos. thanks for letting me join
      michelle aka ranee
    • Michele
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2009
        Hi Michelle,

        Nice to have you. My name is Michele as well and I have 4 kids. I homeschool my oldest son in 6th grade and my daughter and I (she's 9)love to knit hats and scarves and baby layettes. Feel free to share patterns or leave pics in the photos for us to see of your projects. Have a great day everyone. It's raining here is Georgia. Ewww. Great day for knitting!!! LATER!

        -Michele Coffey

        --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "ranee24" <meech10@...> wrote:

        > my name is michelle. i learned to needle knit at 10 yrs old, and learned to crochet at 13. i constantly crafted until i had a stroke at 33. i can use only 1 hand. the rehab center gave me plastic canvas to do and told me to forget about knitting. i didnt give up, i was happy to buy my knifty knitter 4 yrs ago. 100 baby hats to the hospital, a afghan, and grown up hats and scarves were made with the provocraft method. i recently learned how to kknit like needle knitting on a loom thanks to purling sprite videos. thanks for letting me join
        > michelle aka ranee

      • m w
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 2, 2009
          Hello,

          My name is also Michelle, but I spell it with 2 Ls.  I'm in Kansas, married 15 years, and have two great kids.  Jennifer will be 13 in May, and my son Joseph is 11 years old.  I am a substitute teacher, and I usually only work  about 2 days per week.  I'm better at crocheting than knitting, and loom knitting helps me with that, but I'm pretty new at it.  Hope to hear from you all soon!

          Michelle

        • maggiesmagicneedles1963@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2, 2009
            Ok, inquiring minds want to know! Who lives in KS, and in what city? It would be great to get together in the summer if possible.

            Maggie
            In Topeka

            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

            From: m w
            Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 05:34:01 -0700 (PDT)
            To: <ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com>
            Subject: [ROUNDLOOMS] Re: hi! been round(looming) awile but new here

            Hello,

            My name is also Michelle, but I spell it with 2 Ls.  I'm in Kansas, married 15 years, and have two great kids.  Jennifer will be 13 in May, and my son Joseph is 11 years old.  I am a substitute teacher, and I usually only work  about 2 days per week.  I'm better at crocheting than knitting, and loom knitting helps me with that, but I'm pretty new at it.  Hope to hear from you all soon!

            Michelle

          • leastewart
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 7, 2009
              :

              > Ok, inquiring minds want to know! Who lives in KS, and in what city?

              My name is Linda and I live in Kansas. I live in Winfield, quite a ways from Topeka.

              I'm not very good at any of the looms but I keep trying. lol
              Linda
            • ranee24
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 9, 2009
                --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "ranee24" <meech10@...> wrote:

                loom w/1 hand does anyone else w/disability loom also? anybody from nj?