Re: [ROUNDLOOMS] Hat gather: Was:Re: (unknown)

  • Adrienne Oliver
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2009
      I'll try that next time.

      From: Mary Jeanne <m_j_pettit@...>
      To: ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2009 10:18:39 AM
      Subject: [ROUNDLOOMS] Hat gather: Was:Re: (unknown)

      Just so you know this, your hat wasn't a lost thing with taking it off flat. It still could have been a hat, and a non rolling brimmed one also.

      You just take a strand of yarn and gather the other side. Or if you like the roll or needed it for some reason you take that yarn and continue by gathering the end you cast off flat.

      You just take the yarn weave it through the stitches till you meet the other end, pull to gather, tie off, hide ends and voila, a hat. This is something I have done in crochet for years and years. I like doing flat hats, seaming them up the back and gathering them.

      MaryJeanne