Re: [ROUNDLOOMS] Re: Knifty Knitter pegs coming off

  • Margery Cavins
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 2, 2009
      On Feb 10, 2009, at 8:28 AM, Annie wrote:

      > I would like to "speed things up" so I have not totally givien up on
      > using the looms that have collected dust now....but I just wonder WHY
      > others don't have the same problem as badly as I do!

      Hi Annie,

      Are you using the ewrap stitich? I saw an email from someone else
      who was having the same problem ( knitting got too tight to continue)
      and she figured out she was wrapping in the wrong direction. Make
      sure, if you are knitting clockwise around, that you wrap the peg
      counter-clockwise and vice-versa.

      Margery
    • Jody Redman
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 2, 2009
        I have always had problems too.. I emailed provocraft and they mailed me the ones I lost and also suggested to glue them in so I just used my hot glue gun and a little dab worked..hope this helps, Jody

        On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Margery Cavins <mcavins@...> wrote:

        On Feb 10, 2009, at 8:28 AM, Annie wrote:

        > I would like to "speed things up" so I have not totally givien up on
        > using the looms that have collected dust now....but I just wonder WHY
        > others don't have the same problem as badly as I do!

        Hi Annie,

        Are you using the ewrap stitich? I saw an email from someone else
        who was having the same problem ( knitting got too tight to continue)
        and she figured out she was wrapping in the wrong direction. Make
        sure, if you are knitting clockwise around, that you wrap the peg
        counter-clockwise and vice-versa.

        Margery

      • Michele
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 3, 2009
          Yes, you absolutely have to make sure that in using th e-wrap that
          you are wrapping the peg correctly or it will be very tight. I
          learned the hard way. If you hold the loom in your left hand pegs
          facing to the right; hold yarn with right hand and wrap in at the top
          of the peg (toward the inside of the loom) , come out under the peg
          and go back up and around the peg; then on to the next peg in the
          same direction as the previous one. So the loop will always be on the
          outside of the loom and the ends of the loop on the inside...this is
          while doing scarves, blankets and hats. I also am posting my pics of
          some completed projects in the photos.

          -Michele