new to the group want to introduce myself and have a question

  • maloses3000
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5 9:44 AM
      first my name is ann im from wisconsin i will be 40 in march just
      tought my self to knit and do looms..but still learning and have many
      questions..one is i want to do a blanket but i dont know if u can do
      them on the round looms..I was thinking about doing one on the yellow
      one.. I have been looking for the answer on line but cant find it i
      looked n you tube and everything and no luck..so any help please ty in
      advance ann
    • Michelle Thomas
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 5 9:44 PM
        You can do a blanket on any of the looms. There is a pattern online for a Old Glory blanket (flag) it is done on the small blue round loom in stripes and sewn together. I have made a few with my yellow round loom in panels. You would make a flat panel until you get the length you want. You can stitch the panels together with the "mattress stitch" so they are not visable. I like to make the ends of the blanket (and sometimes the sides) in the garter or seed stitch so that the blanket does not roll up. You can also use one of the round looms to make "blocks" and sew them together.

        God Bless,
        Michelle <><
        ~Boondockin' in Quartzsite, Az for the winter~

        http://loomknitters.forumarena.com
        http://chelle4jesus.blogspot.com
        http://www.getjesus.net
        http://www.myspace.com/chelle4jesus

        ~Joshua 24:15~

        To: ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 7 5:53 AM
            --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, sharon riskus <sar304@...> wrote:

            > Hi Ann,  Welcome to the group.  Glad to have you aboard.  I am also
            from WI, near Chippewa Falls.  I have been looming for about two
            years now and love it but still have a lot to learn.  If you are like
            the rest of us you will be "hooked" with this craft.  Sharon

            different patterns. it is www.knittingpatterncentral.com/loom
            knitting try it.......

            > first my name is ann im from wisconsin i will be 40 in
            march just

            > tought my self to knit and do looms..but still learning and have
            many

            > questions..one is i want to do a blanket but i dont know if u can
            do

            > them on the round looms..I was thinking about doing one on the
            yellow

            > one.. I have been looking for the answer on line but cant find it i
            >
            > looked n you tube and everything and no luck..so any help please ty
            in

            > advance ann

          • Mary Jeanne
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 7 9:39 AM
              You can do panels to make afghans on any of the looms. You just knit
              till it is as long as you need it then make another the same or two
              or three panels depending on how wide you want it to be.

              One thing to do though is to count the rows rather then go by
              inches. You need matching rows to seam the piece right.

              Also be sure to knit every peg, do not do the slip stitch for the
              first pegs of a round or again you will be off to do the seaming.

              MaryJeanne

              --- In ROUNDLOOMS@yahoogroups.com, "maloses3000" <maloses3000@...>